Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 road glide
installed s+s gear drive with mild cam and when I fired bike up it seemed to have higher than normal oil pressure.i have Dakota digital gauges and the psi will hit 65 at 2500 rpm until the bike completely warms up and then will come down to around 30 at 2500 and minimum of 20 at idle.had installed a high flow oil pump and thought maybe that's what was causing it but went back to my stock pump which used to run maybe 25 max and as low as 10 on a hot idle but it was still running the high numbers.anybody have any thoughts

·
Banned
71 Posts
2006 road glide
installed s+s gear drive with mild cam and when I fired bike up it seemed to have higher than normal oil pressure.i have Dakota digital gauges and the psi will hit 65 at 2500 rpm until the bike completely warms up and then will come down to around 30 at 2500 and minimum of 20 at idle.had installed a high flow oil pump and thought maybe that's what was causing it but went back to my stock pump which used to run maybe 25 max and as low as 10 on a hot idle but it was still running the high numbers.anybody have any thoughts
The new pump will run higher numbers.

I don't see any problems , why do you ??????

:coffee:

·
Retired citizen
23,364 Posts
As long as there's no leaks I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts