Harley Davidson Forums banner

High Rpms on start up

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  avidarchers 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 street glide, when I start it up, takes about 4-5 cranks to start and the Rpms shoot up to around 2500 and higher and stays for a bit then dies back down to around 1000 ... Cold engine... Never done this before .... No codes showing, any ideas.

#3 ·
Not sure, when engine is hot and turn it off and restart it the Rpms go from round 1000 to 600 and almost stalls then levels out around 1000-1100 runs hard and normal once get going no hesitation at all.

Open to any help or advice, not the kind of guy who takes it to the dealer, unless it's absolutely necessary.

#4 ·
Try cleaning the IAC. Remove the air cleaner and squirt some carb cleaner up into the IAC pintle hole until it runs clear then cycle the ignition several times verifying that the pintle is moving in and out.

#5 ·
Hey SCHMIDTYS, think that was the problem, at first I didn't see the hole its WAY in there, sprayed the crap outta it and some tit looking thing that was back there too, was a bitch to get started but once she fired Rpms are normal no surging or loping, smooth as glass, thanks for the advice, now test run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.