Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stocked 2014 street glide special Looking to install higher handle bars Needing some advice on some good brands to go with plus what all I would need to do the job. All info would be greatly appreciated.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I have a stocked 2014 street glide special Looking to install higher handle bars Needing some advice on some good brands to go with plus what all I would need to do the job. All info would be greatly appreciated.
Search function is your friend. The ghouls will be along soon to bitch at you for not posting in the New to Community thread, and for just asking for help and not putting any effort into it.

We get a lot of "one and done's" here, get the info they need and bail, never to be heard from again. It gets old......but....

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum - Search Results

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I have an 06 Street Glide and I just put bars on it last month. I got LA Choppers Twin Peaks bagger bars. If you would go this route be sure to get the bagger bars as they are different from the others. Nice bars, bends in the lower part and the upper has 90 degree miter joint. These are 1 1/4" and are pre-drilled for wires. I stayed with 10" because I did not have to extend wires or change clutch and throttle cables. I already have braided stainless so I did not want to replace them. The front brake line also worked but I had to bend it just a little. I haven't taken any pics yet so I can't post any but you can find them all over the net. This was my first time doing bars and total time was about 6-7 hours and 5 beers. Good luck in your search and have fun with it.:bikerguy:

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 14 special , I installed 12" la choppers twin peaks . Nothing was needed to swap them out . Cut a few tie straps to get a lil slack in the wires was all I had to do .

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I have a 14 special , I installed 12" la choppers twin peaks . Nothing was needed to swap them out . Cut a few tie straps to get a lil slack in the wires was all I had to do .
Believe 12" is the max without wire additions and longer cable(s).
You did check your steering stop to stop to make sure you had enough slack(?).

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
10" LA Chopper bagger bars

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
12" does seem to be the limit as has been said.
Of course the radius of the bends and spread of the bars would need to be taken into account.

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
12" does seem to be the limit as has been said.
Of course the radius of the bends and spread of the bars would need to be taken into account.
I'd agree , my 10" WO's needed wire extensions , I don't think I could have got much more outa my clutch line either. They do have more pull back than most of the other brands, their also pretty wide set.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can you guys with 10" and 12" bars please post pics of you can. I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 ultra classic.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
@Duce--

I don't believe I took the time in ES to tell you what a great job you've done on your new bike. It really is beautiful!

--

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
@Duce--

I don't believe I took the time in ES to tell you what a great job you've done on your new bike. It really is beautiful!

--
Thanks Silver , I missed getting some ride time with you again this year also , ES is like trying to get 15 gallons of forum in to a 6 gallon tank , it was great seeing ya though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts