Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - does anyone have a recommendation for a highway bar for the Breakout? Perhaps the bike is just not meant to have them. From what I've been reading the pegs often drag on the ground and perhaps the highway bars would as well. I like the Whiskers highway bar on the HD site but it does not fit the Breakout. The only bars I've found are on J & P. Any recommendations would be great.

·
LukeJ
50 Posts
Not sure exactly what your looking for, but here's what I did..I like them ,,, very comfortable....and it fixed the mirror problem, shoulder not in the way now...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I'm referring to an engine guard - my buddy has them on his Harley in case he drops the bike - they protect the engine and you from crushing your leg.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have them on my Lo but just didn't think they would flow for me on the Breakout. I'm not saying don't get them tho, maybe the availability is due to the forward controls? Not sure. But to address the pegs dragging, constantly doing that.

·
Super Moderator
4,242 Posts
I have a set on my CVO, I have also seen the mustache engine guard. I like the looks of both personally. I didn't think it would look too good but I have seen them save a leg or 2 so I considered it a priority. There are pictures in my "garage".

·
Registered
272 Posts
I put a Lindby Magnumbar on my fatty last week (I posted a pic). Very pleased but not sure it wld work with yr fwd controls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi - does anyone have a recommendation for a highway bar for the Breakout? Perhaps the bike is just not meant to have them. From what I've been reading the pegs often drag on the ground and perhaps the highway bars would as well. I like the Whiskers highway bar on the HD site but it does not fit the Breakout. The only bars I've found are on J & P. Any recommendations would be great.
I put on the Lindby Multibar - works friggin great! Put my feet up for long rides, or rest my heel toe on them when I still want quick access to the rear brake. Look great, easy to put on however you do need the $12.50 horn placement clamp as the stock one won't fit with the bars.

·
Unsafe At Any Speed
128 Posts
Hi - does anyone have a recommendation for a highway bar for the Breakout? Perhaps the bike is just not meant to have them.
From HD, they make a "Chrome Front Engine Guard Kit-49200-07A" that says it fits the Breakout. List price is $214.95, available online for $178.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HD Engine Guard on Breakout

Thanks - I went ahead and threw this on before I ever took the bike out. I did not need an adapter for the horn.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
It doesn't look bad.... hmm.... I thought it would take away from the look of the Breakout.... it doesn't.... really.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been debating on adding foot pegs to the crash bars but I'm not sure how that will look. The bars blend in pretty well...

Attachments

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
I have a set on my CVO, I have also seen the mustache engine guard. I like the looks of both personally. I didn't think it would look too good but I have seen them save a leg or 2 so I considered it a priority. There are pictures in my "garage".
Mustache bar is a sexy solution. Not as obnoxious as crash bar and still protects your sh!t.

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,242 Posts
My legs aren't long enough to even bother with highway pegs. Much rather drag pegs though because they give.

Link wont pull up for me Chief, is it the Lindy mustache?

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
My legs aren't long enough to even bother with highway pegs. Much rather drag pegs though because they give.

Link wont pull up for me Chief, is it the Lindy mustache?
Basically it's a straight bar instead of a C shaped crash bar. It's shaped like a mustache and has pegs at the end. If you google Harley Davison mustache bar you'll see a ton of them.

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
Here's a pic of 1boomu's mustache bar...

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1381443532.278403.jpg

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
Here's a pic of 1boomu's mustache bar...

View attachment 124345
His are set up in the crash position, although still too high to save his boards. You can also hang them upside down if you like your legs high. Of course, that will also provide you no protection, but will provide comfort that even your stubby legs will appreciate.

·
Super Moderator
4,242 Posts
Cool, actually haven't looked in to those much. I probably would have went with those over my full crash bar. The full bar also sits a little close to the controls. I had to adjust my foot on the shifter a bit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts