Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on Highway Pegs from those of you who may have or had them. I have asked in a few of the other Forum areas and have not gotten a response. Hope some of you can assist me.

I want to get Highway Pegs for my Ultra. I am looking at getting the Adjustable Highway Pegs Mounting Kit (Angled). These Pegs come in Long (50829-07A) and Short (50830-70A). I am 6' tall.

I was wondering if anyone my height has either of these and which is more comfortable for a person my height. I would hate to get the wrong size.

I have a 350 mile (one way) road trip coming up in Late Jan and wanted to be able to stretch out while on the trip.

Thanks for your Help

M Coffey

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
If they are the HD pegs i'm thinking of, my RG came with them. I'm 6'4" and mine had the long ones. I'm guessing the short ones may bring the pegs too far back for you. I put a set of kuryakyn highway pegs on my RG and spaced the pegs out about an inch and used longer bolts. Still too close for me but should be right for your height.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I don't know anything about these pegs you guys are talking about, but the foot pegs I have come in three different lengths, but they don't fit any further away, they just stick out further. It wouldn't make any if you were taller or shorter, just how much peg extension there is on which to hang your feet.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I'm six, I got an ultra, I got the long ones and think they are just right. The short ones woulda been too short.Though I think but theres alot of adjusting you can do in both.
I can used them as a full peg or rest my heels on the floorboard and toes on the peg.

I moved the bottom mount of the engine guard forward about an inch but thats amounts to very little up where the pegs are mounted. They also save alot of chrome
when your bike rolls over.

Iregardless I think the long ones could be raised up or down the bar and adjusted to fit
more so than the shorties

·
Registered
269 Posts
Highway pegs

The adjustable highway pegs from harley are very good and can be adjusted for many different positions I do like this product .I have the long ones and I am only 5' 10"

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went with kuryakyn highway pegs with longhorn i think it was called adjustable mount it really makes it easy to adjust for the room ya need

·
Registered
12 Posts
i,ve got the large mts from hd on a streeglide did 9500 mi out west mostly you can realey get a lot of adjustment out of them 350 miles ! isnt that a day trip ? lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have you thought about the Mustache Engine Guard for that HD makes? I like the looks of them and it comes with the pegs "built in". It may not be for everybody, but I'm looking into them so I thought I would just throw that out there.

Good luck with your upcoming ride. Have a good one and ride safe!

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Have you thought about the Mustache Engine Guard for that HD makes? I like the looks of them and it comes with the pegs "built in". It may not be for everybody, but I'm looking into them so I thought I would just throw that out there.

Good luck with your upcoming ride. Have a good one and ride safe!
I want to get Highway Pegs for my Ultra.

So how does he mount the lowers ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I want to get Highway Pegs for my Ultra.

So how does he mount the lowers ?
I am pretty new to this, I'll admit, but I assume you just clamp the pegs onto the bars, right? Wouldn't he still be able to do that if he went with the Mustache Engine guard?

Sorry if I confused things.

·
Registered
40,767 Posts
I believe he's talking about the lower farings.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I am pretty new to this, I'll admit, but I assume you just clamp the pegs onto the bars, right? Wouldn't he still be able to do that if he went with the Mustache Engine guard?

Sorry if I confused things.
Sorry if I came across a harsh. On an Ultra it has lowers or leg shields / guards, they mount to the top of the engine guard. with the Mustache guard the guard sweeps down to act as foot rests so the lowers wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry if I came across a harsh. On an Ultra it has lowers or leg shields / guards, they mount to the top of the engine guard. with the Mustache guard the guard sweeps down to act as foot rests so the lowers wouldn't fit.
No worries, brudda. I get it now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts