Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone:

I've been searching around various websites, and I've been burning of GOOGLE, and the more I look, the more confused I get.

I'm looking to add a set of highway pegs to my 2015 XL883L for those times when I'm just cruising along not doing much except enjoying the experience. I know the arguments about just putting in a set of forward controls, but I don't want to go that route, as I am not comfortable with forward controls... let's face it, I'm too damn short at 5 foot 4 and 3/4 inches (gotta get all the height I can squeeze out).

I would ideally get a set of highway pegs that mount in the stock location for the forward controls, but are adjustable enough for my short legs. I found this HD set and I saw several at JP Cycles, Motorcycle Superstore, and several other places. Most appear to mount on the crash bars, though I'm not sure about the HD ones. I don't currently have crash bars, and I'm not sure I even want to add them in the future.

Am I chasing unicorns here, or is it possible to do what I want without a hell of a lot of custom fabrication?

Thanks

Exco

·
Banned
71 Posts
Good afternoon everyone:

I've been searching around various websites, and I've been burning of GOOGLE, and the more I look, the more confused I get.

I'm looking to add a set of highway pegs to my 2015 XL883L for those times when I'm just cruising along not doing much except enjoying the experience. I know the arguments about just putting in a set of forward controls, but I don't want to go that route, as I am not comfortable with forward controls... let's face it, I'm too damn short at 5 foot 4 and 3/4 inches (gotta get all the height I can squeeze out).

I would ideally get a set of highway pegs that mount in the stock location for the forward controls, but are adjustable enough for my short legs. I found this HD set and I saw several at JP Cycles, Motorcycle Superstore, and several other places. Most appear to mount on the crash bars, though I'm not sure about the HD ones. I don't currently have crash bars, and I'm not sure I even want to add them in the future.

Am I chasing unicorns here, or is it possible to do what I want without a hell of a lot of custom fabrication?

Thanks

Exco
That is the mounts , you'll have to find whatever pegs you like to go with them . :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the mounts , you'll have to find whatever pegs you like to go with them . :)
the mounts will bolts right up to the existing forward control locations?

forgive me, as I can be a little dense at times...

Exco

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks everyone. It's good to know that I'm not as confused as I thought that I was.

As far as the pegs go, I'll probably just try to match what I have, unless the local dealer has something that catches my eye.

I will add this to my wish list, as I just dropped $270 on a windshield, and about this time next month I will need to drop $350 for my 1000 mile service.

Between the stuff I want for the bike, and the stuff I have to do to the bike, I'm either gonna be divorced, broke, or both very soon LOL

Exco

·
Banned
71 Posts
OK thanks everyone. It's good to know that I'm not as confused as I thought that I was.

As far as the pegs go, I'll probably just try to match what I have, unless the local dealer has something that catches my eye.

I will add this to my wish list, as I just dropped $270 on a windshield, and about this time next month I will need to drop $350 for my 1000 mile service.

Between the stuff I want for the bike, and the stuff I have to do to the bike, I'm either gonna be divorced, broke, or both very soon LOL

Exco
Buy the MoCo Service Manual, the Parts Book & the Electrical Manual. Do your own 1000 mile service. Still have 150 bucks left for beer . :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Asylum Inmate
12,386 Posts
Buy the MoCo Service Manual, the Parts Book & the Electrical Manual. Do your own 1000 mile service. Still have 150 bucks left for beer . :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

+1 on the manual and doing it yourself.

These basic services can be performed by the owner with limited mechanic experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't quite understand what you are looking for but I installed a set of mini-floorboards that have been a massive improvement. They have three positions they can be mounted in & they can be pivoted a bit so there is some degree of adjustments available.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't quite understand what you are looking for but I installed a set of mini-floorboards that have been a massive improvement. They have three positions they can be mounted in & they can be pivoted a bit so there is some degree of adjustments available.
Can you post some pics or provide a link to the boards that you have?

What I'm looking for is just a place where I can place my feet when I stretch out my short legs on an interstate or any other time that I'm just cruising along...

Exco

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know about stretching out but they do allow for a more comfortable riding position.
Mini Floorboards Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

The only problem I had fitting them was finding a set of snap ring pliers that would fit the very small holes in the Harley snap rings. I finally found a very cheap set at Sears that worked perfectly. You can also use the original pegs if you want to install passenger pegs.

Strange how that comes up. I have to click the back arrow to get the correct page to come up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks gruntled... I will look into some mini floors. They're a bit more pricey than the pegs, but hey, you've got to pay to play LOL

I have several pair of snap ring pliers, just then again it's always nice to have more tools...

Exco

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
The brake pedal, on my stock mid controls, was hitting my new exhaust so I had to put forward controls on my 2014 Superlow 1200T, but the forward controls with pegs put my legs in a very uncomfortable riding position causing them to get tired and fatigued. I took the pegs off and added these mini floor boards and they have made big difference. The fact that I can position my feet on different parts of the board and my feet sit flat on the boards has made my legs feel a lot better, no more fatigue. They also have three different mounting holes so they can be moved forward or backward depending on your leg reach. I also like the fact that they are mini. I didn't think my Sportster would look good with full size floor boards. I highly recommend these mini floor boards...
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/p...-w-out-adapters-various-cruisers/part/KY-4393

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check 'em out when I pull the trigger

Exco

1 - 15 of 15 Posts