Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding since the '70's, started with a 1954 45 cu flathead, then a few bikes not worth mentioning and now have a 1989 Arlen Ness. It's a beautiful bike and I get a lot of compliments but I am beginning to question the wisdom of owning a special construction bike. Aside from insurance problems I have no idea on how to go about identifying what year the engine is, what kind of cam it has (has a pretty radical lope, plus solid lifters). I have determined it's an '80's shovelhead. Has high compression pistons. Anyway, I am a pretty good auto mechanic but have never worked on bikes, other than replacing the head gaskets this week which worked out well. I found this forum while trying to get some information on how to go bout replacing the head gaskets and am grateful to find so many people willing to help others. So thanks for having me and I look forward to learning a little about working on this bike.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome to the forum Knucklehead. Hey people call me that too but I dont own a knuckle head motor. :D

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Internet! Yep... there are some real good folks here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts