Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of what to use in the threaded hole on the rear fender when running with the solo seat on? I switch from the two up to the solo, and at the time I'm plugging the hole from the rear of the two up on the fender with the chrome bolt that came out of the spot. It's ok, but sticks up a little, and doesn't cover the spot very good. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The allen caps aren't small enough. I tried that. The bolt I'm using is ok, but there has to be something better.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
A related question, I'm installing a solo seat, I have switched from the LowRider rear fender to the one from the Deuce/WideGlide, there is a hole in the right place for the solo seat but it's a blank hole.

Am I looking for a RivNut and tool or is there a proper insert for this purpose?

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
Say Dave- Tell me..
My intention is to put one if these racks behind the solo seat, I believe the one 7100220 might extend from the old hole to the new hole and doublemount with the seat bolt, question is, do you think this is a strudy enough connection for a rack? Think there's any chance of bending the fender?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts