Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, I don't condone dummyness like this, but for some reason, it had me grinning ear to ear the entire time. I suppose it reminded me of when I was a kid.

This thing is wicked!!

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
I would be alllllll over that.

He needs to get some paddle shifters though. That taking the hand off the wheel to shift scares me.:rollin

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's definitely cool!

I feel a bit hypocritical posting it, though, as I often like to "bash" guys who RIDE like this guy driving a freakin' go-kart. I don't know, though. Like I said, it just reminds me of bein' a kid and tryin' to get away with "stupid" stuff.

But DANG! That thing hauls butt! And I agree, JP... Paddle shifters for sure.

How fun would that thing be on a Road Course??

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
For the record, I was commenting on how cool the gokart is and how much I would love to drive it. In no way to I condone the WAY in which the nozzle a la douche is driving it in the video.

That thing on the Circuit of the Americas in Austin would be amazing!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I would be alllllll over that.

He needs to get some paddle shifters though. That taking the hand off the wheel to shift scares me.:rollin
Come on out to Sugar River Raceway by Broadhead, WI. They rent race carts, you can do an actual race on different nights or get a group of folks together and do a sort of track day (needs to be reserved). They are not shifter carts, but looks like a lot of fun, been meaning to do it one of these years..... Heck, count me in if ya want to come out...
This is the track that Danica grew up racing on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We made them when I was a kid (with Dad's help, of course). The axles were 2x4's and we steered with our feet on the axle. The engine was a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine. It probable went 5 to 10 mph.

·
Noel
7,356 Posts
Ya it looks like a blast, but we think we're at risk on motorcycles, the cagers hardly are aware of us, never mind a little cart, I saw many situations where he could have got run over out of ignorance.

·
USMC
89 Posts
That thing was insane fast, I wounded what it was running for a motor. It would be unbelievably fun on a big road course.

In town I would give myself three days to be dead or in jail.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was showing the video to a buddy of mine last night and he was watching it on his iPhone. At 3:38 - 3:40, he is at a T in the road and turns left. He gives it way too much juice and almost loses it. For some reason, I can't hear it on my computer, but on his iPhone it was clear as day. You hear the guy shout, "OH S**T!!" I almost dropped a shoe in my shorts it was so funny!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ladies and Gent'man, Welcome Aboard... (Holy Moly....)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts