Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and to riding bike. I am the passenger. Here is my situation; I have a metal plate in my big toe of course on the right side , so its right next to the pipes. I always wear harley leather boots when on the bike. After riding for one to two hours this plate is heating up and causing me extreme discomfort, basically burning my foot from the inside. There has got to be other people out there that ride and have a similar situation. What I want to know is what I can do to keep the heat away from my foot. PLEASE if you know anything to help with this issue give me your suggetions. I love riding on the bike and refuse to give it up. I tried to find heat resistant boots but they are not available from harley at this time. Thank you so much for helping with this issue.

·
Just Ride
3,672 Posts
Never said what bike and year. Exhaust wrap may help. Cat removed! Peg/floorboard relocation kit. You don't have to wear Harley boots to be on a Harley.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the bike is an electric glide, 2012, cvo. Do you ave a boot suggestion? I also came across some heat resistant material that can be cut and possibly placed inside the boots I currently have, this was on a site that deals with motor cross items. Know anything about this? Removing the cat is not an option at this time. The exhaust wrap is being looked into, also looked at floorboard moving the floorboards further away from the pipes with a spacer. As far as the boots go the only ones I found were mottorcross types.

·
Retired citizen
24,219 Posts
Why not check into the Kuryakyn floor board adjustable passenger foot pegs ? Keeps the feet away from the heat and adds positions for rider comfort.

Reactions: English Triker

·
Just Ride
3,672 Posts
Remove the catalytic converter if the exhaust is still stock. A lot of heat under right foot. I had saddlebag lids rails on my ultra. The wife would put her feet on them.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Passenger foot boards are height adjustable. A small amount may help. While underway air flow should be keeping excessive heat away from your foot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts