Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe it? Another psycho attacked students in Houston on a college campus....using a knife. I have to wonder if it was an assault knife or if it had an extended length blade.
Will Feinstupid now be calling for our knives? Will UpChuck Schumer want background checks for knife purchases coupled with knife registration?

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Saw that at lunch. I think it was the same college that was recently reported that a shooting took place. Two were shot, but I can't recall if anyone was actually killed or not.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Saw that at lunch. I think it was the same college that was recently reported that a shooting took place. Two were shot, but I can't recall if anyone was actually killed or not.
And wasn't it also a Mexican gang related shooting? I'm sure the stabbing was also caused by this sort of thing, too.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
And wasn't it also a Mexican gang related shooting? I'm sure the stabbing was also caused by this sort of thing, too.
It was a black gang related thing, I thought.

Thanks, Bama. I am sure others will now label me a racist 'cause o' what I just said.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Don't you mean undocumented Dem. gang related shooting???:know

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Thanks, Bama. I am sure others will now label me a racist 'cause o' what I just said.
It depends on how you said it..... If you simply stated "It was a black gang related thing", then ya sounds kind of racist....
Now if you were holding your hand like you have in your avatar and said in a drawn out slang "It wasss a BLLAAAACCCKKKK gang ree-lated Thang", then I think you are all good.... :laugh

·
Banned
19,464 Posts

Nah, we're not racists.....We have color TV's. :know

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Don't you mean undocumented Dem. gang related shooting???:know
Ah yes, the politically correct version. Yes, my bad....Undocumented Democrat, not Mexican.

However, Mongo says that it was a crime commited by a gang of Obama supporters...

So, the question remains as to who actually did it, but either way, they most likely support Obama. Allow me to recalculate my theorums and analasees, whilst I tap my chin and look to be in deep contemplation... :think

·
Registered
94 Posts
Careful, they will now try to ban carrying pocket knifes! Try to outlaw those to LOL

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
He used an exacto knife of all things. WTF? Kids are losing their minds.

·
Banned
447 Posts
There are actually blade length limits on knives and what can be carried undisclosed in the pocket. Most states require anything more than 3" blade be carried "visibly" with a pocket clip. MA, NY and CA have restrictions on double edged blades.

In Oregon it's unlawful to carry a knife secured around the neck (neck knife) or in the boot (boot knife) -- This restriction even if the user has a concealed carry permit.

Texas has some pretty restrictive laws about blades -- because they're the "favored weapon" of Hispanics and Blacks. It's pretty racist.

Federal Law, USC Title 18, Chapter 44, section 930 restricts "knives and weapons" from Vets. Admin. facilities. Most facilities over-reach the statutes. Knives with blades 2.5" or shorter are permitted.

USC › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 44 › § 930

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(d) (3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

g) As used in this section:
(1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.
(2) The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2 1/2 inches in length.

It's been argued that a motor vehicle on a Federal campus constitutes a "domicile" under the law and accordingly, weapons secured in such a vehicle are exempt from these restrictions.

I'd argue too that "Peaceable Journey" statutes exempt unloaded guns, secured as prescribed.

USC › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 44 › § 926A -- Interstate transportation of firearms per "any political subdivision thereof."

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Amendment provides for uninfringed right to keep and bear. An American shouldn't need to be an attorney to carry a pocketknife.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,092 Posts
Texas has some pretty restrictive laws about blades -- because they're the "favored weapon" of Hispanics and Blacks. It's pretty racist.
Where'd you hear that? A 5 1/2" blade is the legal limit in Texas,

which is what I've been carrying a for 30 years.

no restrictions on how you carry it. Anything bigger is flatly not legal

to carry on the street, hidden or not, even for a handgun licensee.

·
Banned
447 Posts
Where'd you hear that? A 5 1/2" blade is the legal limit in Texas,

which is what I've been carrying a for 30 years.

no restrictions on how you carry it. Anything bigger is flatly not legal

to carry on the street, hidden or not, even for a handgun licensee.

I was doing research on the history of racial constraints in Texas. At the time, circa 1985, knives, machetes, etc. were pretty restricted, because they were favored by Mexican migrant workers and blacks. This was the same rationale for the severe jail time handed out for marijuana in Texas.

Another constraint was "vagrancy" -- which I was stopped for in Austin, 1967, while serving active duty in the US Army.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts