Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Dyna Low Rider. My seat gets very hot. I purchased Kuryakin heat deflectors that help a little but the heat still gets under the seat and is quite uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
An oil cooler will keep the engine a bit cooler. A crash bar and highway pegs placed high will lift your legs up and that helps quite a bit.

·
HowardH
109 Posts
Not much help here but I also have a 2008 FXDL. Though I live in hot as hell Central Florida I don't have the same experience as JeffP. I have the stock seat and a Sundowner solo seat and there's no difference. Heat index here has been over 100 everyday for the past 45 days and more to come, I find my biggest problem is the heat generated from the motor around my legs to be almost unbearable. I've always used synthetic oils so I assume my motors temp is lower than with conventional oil.
It's funny to me that I've sort of reversed my riding seasons. I spent first half of life (60's now) in NYC and had very limited riding time in the winter. Now I limit my time here in the summer due to the stifling summer heat.
I know some of you would kill for an all year riding season and I'm not bragging, just saying!
I didn't mean to hijack your thread JeffP, but just had to comment on the difference in the same bike.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not much help here but I also have a 2008 FXDL. Though I live in hot as hell Central Florida I don't have the same experience as JeffP. I have the stock seat and a Sundowner solo seat and there's no difference. Heat index here has been over 100 everyday for the past 45 days and more to come, I find my biggest problem is the heat generated from the motor around my legs to be almost unbearable. It's funny to me that I've sort of reversed my riding seasons. I spent first half of life (60's now) in NYC and had very limited riding time in the winter. Now I limit my time here in the summer due to the stifling summer heat.
I know some of you would kill for an all year riding season and I'm not bragging, just saying!
I didn't mean to hijack your thread JeffP, but just had to comment on the difference in the same bike.
I know what ya mean! It is just too damned hot to enjoy riding many day in the Fl summer heat. Still got ten solid months of awesome riding, n I always come back north for July-end of Sept anyway so I can ride here as NY heats doesn't compare to FL. Missed last winter n will miss this one due to health issues, ill be back next winter!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts