Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun is shining more, the temps are venturing into the high twenties to low thirties and the snow is melting (even if only to make room for more) and all I can think about when I look out the window or am out in the car is riding the Queen!!!!!!!!

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've had a new seat for a week or more and haven't had much time to actually test it out :(

supposed to be upper 50's today and the rest of the week will be a good temperature but still chances of rain on my days off :banghead:

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Five minutes in a motorcycle shop and I was like a whole new person! Now that my bike will be ready when Spring arrives I'm crossing each day off the calendar and thinking about destinations for the coming year.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Five minutes in a motorcycle shop and I was like a whole new person! Now that my bike will be ready when Spring arrives I'm crossing each day off the calendar and thinking about destinations for the coming year.
Great news! Do you know whats wrong with it yet? I'm glad you found a shop that is going to hook you up.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,186 Posts
I'm determined to ride the next couple of days, at least, temps in the mid fifties,
with sustained winds 22 mph and up

They're freaking out about the wildfire danger.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm determined to ride the next couple of days, at least, temps in the mid fifties,
with sustained winds 22 mph and up

They're freaking out about the wildfire danger.
We are looking at that, but with snow.

Let's hope those fires stay away!!!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Lil... I think some of us are just wired this way. A good thing about communities like H-DF is we can find and connect with others like-minded and gain some internal peace with the recognition there are others with the same disease. The difference with this group I'll call "BA" (biker's anonymous) versus AA, is I don't think we're looking for a cure but instead ways to keep the "high" going.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,186 Posts
Addiction? Nah.

I prefer to think of it as a calling.

Can't you hear it calling?

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,186 Posts
88 was the official high in DFW today.

The 10:00 news says the 3 towns closest to me registered wind gusts of 35, 37, and 40 mph in the last hour. Damn, I've got trees 2 feet thick twisting and bending in ways I would never believe they could do.

They said they don't ever remember keeping the wildfire alert up at night before, but they are tonight.

Still riding tomorrow. I was going to take off the windshield, to see if the worst buffetting isn't actually caused by the windshield, but I don't know if this is the time...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The sun is shining more, the temps are venturing into the high twenties to low thirties and the snow is melting (even if only to make room for more) and all I can think about when I look out the window or am out in the car is riding the Queen!!!!!!!!
Because they were afraid you wouldn't buy one if you knew. Aren't you glad they didn't? You know with all my griping, I still like Winter.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
88 was the official high in DFW today.

The 10:00 news says the 3 towns closest to me registered wind gusts of 35, 37, and 40 mph in the last hour. Damn, I've got trees 2 feet thick twisting and bending in ways I would never believe they could do.

They said they don't ever remember keeping the wildfire alert up at night before, but they are tonight.

Still riding tomorrow. I was going to take off the windshield, to see if the worst buffetting isn't actually caused by the windshield, but I don't know if this is the time...
Well, whatever you do ride safe! We don't want you visiting Oz.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because they were afraid you wouldn't buy one if you knew. Aren't you glad they didn't? You know with all my griping, I still like Winter.
You are probably right. Just like any other kind of pusher.:p

Winter is not so bad and I do appreciate the change in seasons. This winter has not been as bad as some in past, but I think Vic posted about it on another thread; the weather has been cyclically weird. Yesterday at this time it was gorgeous. Today you can barely see in front of you through the snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts