• To carry some kind of big object

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some random uses for your bike over the years. What can you note and share? You know, I've never been on a charity ride, placed a bike in a bike show, or bungied something big onto the bike.

Oh, I could say I've never been to the "track" and raced, but I've certainly raced. :)

Oh yeah, and I've learned to make sure take-out food I place in a pack is wrapped well and right side up!

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've never been on a track made for racing, but I never pass up a chance to go fast :D

And this year will be the first time a young child (my daughter) will be on the bike with me.

Never had any other big object (other than myself) on my bike.

All others got my vote! :)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Same ones as you Steve but no small children either.

Alot of these uses do not reflect large mileage numbers but can provide more use to the owner. I have not only used it for dates but it has been the reason for the date in the first place. Got to love Harleys, the ladies do!

Grocery shopping is great with the bike. I pull right up to where the bike rack is and walk right in. I just have to go twice a week instead of once.

I think I use the bike for work and take out the most, usually on the same trip.

Why you wanna race? That answers that question.

I'm not big on local rallies but have been to a few.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Yes to all.

The biggest thing I ever carried on the bike were four motorcycle tires - they were on sale... I rode from Milwaukee to Chicago with them bungeed on the luggage rack of my Heritage.

And my ex-ex-ex would carry a week's worth of laundry on the back of his 'bagger (he didn't own a car).

·
Registered
39,448 Posts
All of the above... no bagger either.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never been on a track made for racing, but I never pass up a chance to go fast :D

And this year will be the first time a young child (my daughter) will be on the bike with me.

Never had any other big object (other than myself) on my bike.

All others got my vote! :)
Vic... Memories riding with your children are ones routinely recalled, even years later. A plus is the one-on-one time they crave. Let us know how it goes!

·
Ayubowan!
115 Posts
All of the above
For last 3 years I don't have a car. Never raced in the track. I use to live in Tokyo, did lots of street racing. (Been young and stupid). Had NSR, CBR, TZR, YZR. Groceries mainly beer.:)

·
its rusting
429 Posts
for the Night Rod i'll occasionally use to commute; and i hope to ride a mission with the PGR. previous scooters were used for all entries above except charities, dating, children, rallies and bike shows

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
30 years ago I used to ride to work, but now I don't go anywhere to work, so that's out. The only other thing on the list is grocery shopping, and then only in Finland. My Suzuki has side boxes which are big enough to take a week's shopping there, though here in Luxembourg we buy more stuff so need to take a car. I use the bike for mid-week top-up shopping though.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I don't see "run from the cops while drunk" so we haven't covered all of Lakey's possible uses.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I don't see "run from the cops while drunk" so we haven't covered all of Lakey's possible uses.
you know better than that, this fat man don't "run"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts