Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
How do you find that stuff?

I bought one to check all my torque wrenches to make sure they are somewhat close. Worked good to compare the FT# wrenches. But only have 1 IN#. All the wrenches with 3 tests each averaged were with in a couple 5 #s close enough for me. I don't work at NASA.

·
Registered
37,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you find that stuff?
I hack into the NSA computers just outside Laurel MD, and jump off from there. :D :nod

Actually I follow that guy on YouTube. He has some interesting tool tear downs and test to destruction videos.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
You're still typing so I know it wasn't the first thought. Unless you use a pencil in mouth.

That was a very informative video. I never understood exactly how those strain meters worked.

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
Don't really know that that thing works. I have several torque wrenches and I am sure they need to be recalibrated. They are Snap-On, there's a Snap-On truck that comes to my job each week. I should get him to send them off and have the checked/recalibrated.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
Beam I put the male end in vise watched the digital display when wrench clicked I remembered the reading. Took 3 and averaged. Plus I did 2 sets lower and upper scale.

You could also use it as a torque wrench like the old beam deflection ones just watch gauge.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have one, maybe not from the same company, but it seems to work well. Mine does nm, inch# and foot#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts