Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of ya'll dragrace? i've been dragracing for 25 years. started with cars and switch to bikes in 2001. i've raced pro mod in ahdra, as a rider and as a crew chief. for the past 2 years i've been racing VRODS in ahdra et class and 11.50 index with another guy riding for us. now he has a broken shoulder and i'm all healed up from a crash back in 06 and will be riding my bike for sure and probably my friends when he feels up to going. looks like i'll be running the MiRock series in Rockingham NC and at Buddscreek Maryland.

heres a few pictures, the orange bike is the pro mod, we put a 200 shot of nitrious on a 120 ci shovelhead and tried to make the pro gas field but couldn't go fast enough. the dark blue bike is mine the light blue bike on the back tire is my friend gene.

this race we won because there was only 2 entered the pro gas class and the other bike broke.

this was the ahdra bike week nationals in bradenton Fla 2002

ahdra richmond va 2008 the following race in Rockingham gene got runner up in the et class.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
That's some cool chit, worm.................

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Spectator here and love it. Harley drags only come around here in the Pittsburgh area once a year anymore. Very cool that your able to run. Good luck.:thumb

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I used to play with my V-Rod on the 1/4 at Union Grove... good times, for sure.

That was when I didn't have to worry about what I broke.

Although I could be persuaded to launch the 'bagger a time or two this year. There's a couple of "little" strips near the new homestead to check out.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vryquik we've met at farmington before. you got the blue bagger with the jug on it. great running bike , what a sleeper i've seen you pull some good wheelies on that beast.

·
Nitrous Rules
31 Posts
vryquik we've met at farmington before. you got the blue bagger with the jug on it. great running bike , what a sleeper i've seen you pull some good wheelies on that beast.
I think that Farmington is having their first "Bike Fest" of 2009 on April 19th.:nod

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right on, me and gene will more than likely be there. i'm going to zmax down in concord thursday 3/5/09 it there first test n tune. i'll put the bike on the trailer if its to cold to ride.

·
Nitrous Rules
31 Posts
Maxton Mile

Have you ever been to the Maxton Mile located in Maxton NC?

They are having their first land speed trial for 2009 on April 4 - 5 2009.

I've never been there but, I'll Have a group going down on the 4th if the weather's good. I probably won't run because of the rules. They only let you go as fast as the tires are rated for. Mine are rated for 130 mph and I'll run 120 mph in 4th gear pretty easily.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/:thumb

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never been to maxton but thought about it. i'd like to see what my bike would do flat out. i've heard stories and i know what my speedo has said before but i'm not very areodynamic myself.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
We got some dragracing in Downtown Austin, but I don't recommend going, they're "rigged"

Attachments

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
They got "balls" for racing right in front of that Sheriff's officer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Only in Austin.

Cool pics bw. Use to work with someone that drag raced in the 80's out of New Iberia. Went to a lot of the matches and helped him out with starting, burn outs and towing. Most of the matches were in the midwest. One of the racers came from your area, name of Pete Hill. I try and get down to Temple, TX for the drags every once in a while.

Still love the smell of that nitrous. :1drink

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've only raced the bike twice but I have several cars we race regularly at the strip.

Had a bit of an issue with the Mustang this year at Byron though......

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Love draggin my 03 softtail! Harley drags are once a year in N.E. OH. I won the Big Twin class in 06. Last year we got rained out when we were down to 3 bikes so we had to split the prize money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts