Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many barrel keys are supposed to come with a new bike? I got one barrel key and the FOB. Seems like there should have been two barrel keys. It’s a 2020 road glide special if that matters.

·
Mississippi Cajun
23,968 Posts
Got 2 with mine. DO NOT like the missing heel shifter. Makes me think I'm on a Honda.

·
Mississippi Cajun
23,968 Posts
I guess the positive thing to say about it is that another key can easily be made by any lock shop.

·
Super Moderator
12,510 Posts
I noticed when I looked through the Limited's bags, there are no bag liners thrown in, no quick tool and only 1 set of headphones. My 16 came with 3 pretty decent bag liners and 2 sets of headphones. It has the little quick tool, but I have never used it. No heel shifter? I didn't notice that. That sucks.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
I noticed when I looked through the Limited's bags, there are no bag liners thrown in, no quick tool and only 1 set of headphones. My 16 came with 3 pretty decent bag liners and 2 sets of headphones. It has the little quick tool, but I have never used it. No heel shifter? I didn't notice that. That sucks.
Let me take a guess here: If a new bike does NOT include bag liners, only has ONE set of headphones, only has ONE fob, does NOT include the HD tool version of a Boy Scout knife, does NOT have a heel shifter, and does NOT include an owner's manual (they only give you the quick setup guide) for the Boombox, well, my wild azz guess is that they increased the 2020 price of the bike by maybe $125 less than they would have increased it by had they not deleted the items I mentioned. I'm just overjoyed that HD was trying hard to keep the price increase of the bike minimal by eliminating so many really unnecessary items.

Speaking of unnecessary items, my bike is looking more like an unnecessary item every day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Should be 2 keys and fobs I would check with dealer I work for a dealer and all our new bikes have 2 of each.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,043 Posts
Does your barrel key work the ignition? I got 2 Fobs for my 2013 and 1 barrel that only locks the goose neck.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.