Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I been thinking for a while about a new Jeep Wrangler purchase.
In the last 12 years I've broke my ankels 4 times on my big Ultra & need 4 wheels while healing .
What color is best ? Trans,Top exc. Thanks Bud

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts
I drive a Wrangler. Mine's a 91. I'm not real sure how to help ya on the question, Bud. I hear on these new JK's, the Rubicons are the way to go. Check out Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network. There is as much good info for jeeps there as there is about Harleys here.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Had a new 07 four door wrangler "Sahara", awesome vehicle except the seats left a lot to be desired.. Mine was Silver and Black... Would buy one in a heat beat again, can't go wrong.. Mine was a five speed and worked great...

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
1. Color is entirely up to you.
2. Never buy the 4 cylinder
3. Manual trans makes you a man.
4. Buy both tops at time of vehicle purchase.

My first brand new car ever was a 99 wrangler. I loved it so much. Then unrealized I was paying a huge car note for a car with zippered windows and plastic seats.

Now that I am older, wiser and a little more successful (meaning I'd have a down payment), in think my next buy will be the 4 door model.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon: Mine
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: Hers

The 2012 is light years ahead of the '06. But, they both have their good points.

With the crappy roads we have, the jeeps are about the only vehicles that will last.:)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wife drives a 10 Sahara with auto trans. She loves it. Because we are now empty nesters here she has the two door. We have had a number of Wranglers over the years and probably will always have one in the driveway. Both tops are nice but if you only get one make it the hardtop. They sure hold there value. As said above the Jeep forum has a ton of info and like this one lot of good people over there. Color = your choice...

·
Registered
341 Posts
i've got a silver, '06 rubicon 17k.i like it, but its too light for pushing a-lot of snow.
4.0 eng. & gas milesge isn't great.BUT it fits in the garage!!, now the '09 tri-Glide
& '79 FXEF occupy that space.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts
2003 Sport, straight 6, 4" rough country lift, 33" pro comps, rampage combo top

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Mines a 91 YJ with 4" RC lift, 33" Buckshot Mudders, Best Top soft top, and a hard top that hasn't been on it in 4 years, set of half doors and full doors. Even in snow country I got tired of changing tops and the hard top doesn't really keep it any warmer. Well...maybe a little :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts