Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The riding season is drawing to a close (except here in Texas :D). How many miles did you put on the bike this year (projected to years end)? I'm guessing I'll do another 15k (miles for you euro-types) this year (57K so far on the bike).

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
The riding season is drawing to a close (except here in Texas :D). How many miles did you put on the bike this year (projected to years end)? I'm guessing I'll do another 15k (miles for you euro-types) this year (57K so far on the bike).
72,000 in one year?

Don't you ever stay home?:rofl:

I just went over 20,000 on my Ultra last week. I bought it at the end of December, so I'll end up in the vicinity of 25,000 for the year.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I dont even think you can find a challenger. That wins the Hardcore award in my book. This is the first year with my V-ROD and so far I have 11,300. I should get to about 13,000. My helmet is off to you Daniii.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Headed down to a farm West of Austin tomorrow early to hang with some ADVRider folks. Its likely I'll have the only HD there, but I'll do my best to properly represent y'all. Another 700 miles on the bike, I expect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I averaging around 10 K per year between the 2 bikes. That is mostly weekend riding, but I do get to ride around 9 to 10 months out of the year easily. Not hardcore by any stretch.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Well, with me slightly on the anal side of the spectrum :), having a spreadsheet with miles by quarter the past eight years...

As of 10/25/07 at 11:55p MST I'm at 26,881 miles for the year.

Less business travel and several long trips, including CO to NC and back, are giving me some fine saddle time!

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Well, with me slightly on the anal side of the spectrum :), having a spreadsheet with miles by quarter the past eight years...

Less business travel and several long trips, including CO to NC and back, are giving me some fine saddle time!
Could you be a little more precise here, Steve?:rofl:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Steve, I have wondered for quit sometime and have been wanting to ask you. When you rode to NC and the Dragon which bike was your companion for the trip?

steve

·
COB
1,984 Posts
At 60 hours a week of work I am just happy to get to ride at all.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. If I don't ride to work, then I don't get to ride much at all. Considering the winters we have here and the fact that there is no bet to win about who is riding the longest through the year once the cold sets in, it is done until spring.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
At 60 hours a week of work I am just happy to get to ride at all.
I know that damn work nonsense always get in my way. I got to do something about that. sfarson, a tip of the helmet to you. Fine saddle time indeed!

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I might not have as many miles as the rest, but if you want to start comparing how many bars you hit this year on your bike that's a different story and I am sure I can be up there with the best of you.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I guess I need to get out and ride more, I ride much more than most the guys around here but it's usually just the short trip to town or work. I put on 5-6000 every summer.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I might not have as many miles as the rest, but if you want to start comparing how many bars you hit this year on your bike that's a different story and I am sure I can be up there with the best of you.
I don't think I can count that high :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts