Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see bikes with 25,000 plus miles and was wondering how many miles can one put on a Harley without any major rebuilding? Are they worth buying with so many miles on them? I guess I'm being narrow minded because my Chevy Silverado has 174,000 and still pulls a trailer full of lawn equipment but I'd like to hear some opinions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whew, 76,000 miles. I can't imagine having a bike long enough to do that. I am begining to like my bike even more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on using K&N oil on my stage one air cleaner, in spite of what Harley recomends. Actually, I've never used a K&N without oil. My Longshots are without a baffle but I also plan on quieting them down too. I love this bike and don't want to abuse it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's PJ1. I used that on my dirt bikes too. The stuff sticks like glue. I had a K&N on my Sportster and still have the cleaner and oil so I'll just use it up. Thanks for all the info Dave.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
If you leave the bike pretty much stock and do all the regular services you can easily get over a 100,000 miles without any major problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts