Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I know my rear tire was running low on tread life, but I had to try and make it last one more month. Checked it a few days ago and there was still some patter visible on it and checked it today and found this... I am not riding it anymore until I can get it replaced, but my buddy is gonna mount it to a beater bike he has and take it onto a closed course till it blows... What would you guess for miles until failure?

Attachments

·
Registered
42,085 Posts
100 miles

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
don't go below wear bars and remember its like a roll of toilet paper when you get down it goes really quick.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Well guys I know my rear tire was running low on tread life, but I had to try and make it last one more month. Checked it a few days ago and there was still some patter visible on it and checked it today and found this... I am not riding it anymore until I can get it replaced, but my buddy is gonna mount it to a beater bike he has and take it onto a closed course till it blows... What would you guess for miles until failure?
Friends don't let friends hurt themselves ........ :)

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On his second though he is just gonna see how long till it blows burnout style... however I have found a deal locally on a shinko 777 for $160 vs buying my own metz 888 and having it installed for about 200 total... I haven't heard much about the shinko 777 rear tire. My front tire is currently a shinko, but not sure on the model and it loves grabbing grooves in the road.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That sounds like a "here, hold my beer" moment. The Harley Angel was looking out for you brother..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
ive riddin on worse. sometimes they go a long time some times not . looks like its time for a good burn out hahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
As Ron White would say.........."It will make it all the way to the crash scene".

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's an accident looking for a place to happen...

Good Luck!

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I said the bike is parked until I get a new tire on it. Hopefully my indy can squeeze me in this week before I go to the field next weekend.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks like it is ready for the burn out box!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts