Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the touring family of bikes. My question is, how much air should I be putting in the air adjustable shocks. I mainly ride by myself, although my son rides with me on occassion. I am 170 lbs and my son weighs about 65 lbs. I don't have an owner's manual yet, so I don't even have a starting reference point.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
0 to 10 I believe. I dont own one but my friend does and so you have a starting point until you get the exact info I would start around 0 to 2 psi. You can adjust it your self, if the bike wallows on a bump in a turn, it is too soft and can cause control problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 Mean Mother is right. Harley's owner's manual says 0-10 psi for a solo rider weighing 150-200 lbs. I find that I like mine a bit on the high side and run about 13 psi in mine. I weigh about 205 lbs and the manual states 5-15 psi for riders 200-250 lbs.

Do NOT use the regular air compressor at the gas station, or any high pressure compressor, to put air in your shocks as you can blow out the seals. A good hand pump is best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
10 lbs is what they are suppose to put in before delivery and where I keep mine. Usually ride 1 up, so I can't say I really pay much attention, I guess I should check it more often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The max is 35 psi so you can try anything under that. Mine won't hold air and it rides pretty good on zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts