Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
Unfinished bikes, especially without a name brand that can easily be insured are not worth nearly as much. The HD bike (I assume the flame job shovel) would be worth something finished, but the others....something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. It would help to know engine manufacturer (HD exempted...unless it has S&S jug and/or heads or other parts) and size.

Reactions: Mr.Smoke

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
I kind of like the look of the shovel, if you were close to me I would love to look at it. It would all depend on what it is going to take to make it road worthy. An open primary like that...depends on brand and quality, otherwise it's a leg trap.

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
If I'm reading your post correctly, #3 title is 1999 HD. The engine is a shovelhead model. That case style is 1970-1985. The cases look like aftermarket, the brand name is stamped behind the shift linkage. That one may be the best of the lot.
To me it looks like that is the inner cover for the open primary, but my eyes are not what they used to be. I was trying to see the tranny to see if it's a ratchet or cowpie.

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
Well ... a Shovel drivetrain won't fit or function in a 1999 H-D frame. Of course a handy person with a hammer and welder can make just about anything fit anywhere ! The frame in the shovel picture is for split tanks, extra tabs on the backbone to mount the tanks so ... not a '99 frame IMO.
So how would one go about retitling a bike from those model years to a '99?

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

·
Try'n to behave
6,426 Posts
I'm not that familiar with open inner covers, but looking closer you may be right. It's a rachet trans. , I have a cowpie :( in my shovel.
Me too. :(

Ratchets are easier to turn jockey shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts