Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much oil should a 02 Super Glide hold in the primany case? I had a service manager tell me with the bike up right it should be level with the bottom of the dury cover and if I lean it over it should pour out. Then I had someone else tell me the book state it shold take 32 oz. I had to put 64 oz in there to get it to where the service manager told me. Does anyone know for sure how much oil is suppose to go in the primary and what damage it will cause if you have too much?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
One quart. 64 oz is WAY too much. How did it shift like that? Drain it and pour one quart back in.

If you did ride it, I don't think t it hurt anything if you didn't ride it very far.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
795 Posts
FWIW, when my bike is on its kickstand, the oil quite doesn't come up to the bottom of the hole. I add the entire quart to the primary also. Transmission takes a quart too. Engine something like 2 1/2 quarts on the Dyna.

·
Retired citizen
22,141 Posts
1 Qt., or with the bike upright the oil should just touch the bottom of the clutch basket not the derby hole ! 64 oz. would create a great amount of drag on the front drive train.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it all right tonight and put the new mag on front. bad pic but you get the idea. Thanks again.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Got it all right tonight and put the new mag on front. bad pic but you get the idea. Thanks again.

Nice bike! I'm a sucker for earlier model dynas...with drag pipes. (Straight shot slipons?) Either way....
Yes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new batter box

Tonight I put my new battery box cover on. I hate the look of the old one. Just didn't look right to me. I like square. I also balanced my tire and changed the break disc out. The one that came on the mag rim was warpped.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need a trailer now

It is going to be hard to get these things loaded up on the bike. LOL. I am the nuisance hunter for a seven parish area in here in Louisiana. Took this 11'6" out of cow pond Sunday. I have taken a 9'4" and 7'6" of the same pond. Yep this is where you saw me working on the bike. In my gator shop in the wet bay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seat

Yes they are worth a lot when you start having them cut into things like saddle bags and seats. I am going to have some stuff made for the bike, but first I have to pay off my wifes alligator purse. I am having her a custom purse made from a 8 footer she landed last year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts