Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Correct, the BCM is the culprit. Messing with the light functions messes with the BCM.
Maybe one day I'll have to pull out one of my late model electric diagnostic manuals to see if I can figure a work around in the schematics.
Thank you Sir! I was hoping that you would chime in on this thread! I can hardly wait to hear what your magic brings!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Edit: double reply, sorry!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yep, 2014 and up, a dealer flash will fix it, they have to hook up the digi-tech to the port on the left side of the bike. takes longer to pull the saddlebag, left side cover and hook up the digi-tech than to push the button for the re-program. Most dealerships charge 1/2 hour labor for it.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yep, 2014 and up, a dealer flash will fix it, they have to hook up the digi-tech to the port on the left side of the bike. takes longer to pull the saddlebag, left side cover and hook up the digi-tech than to push the button for the re-program. Most dealerships charge 1/2 hour labor for it.
Ouch, 30 min is about $60 or so? I kinda prefer the "tinker with it" method. It provides a better feeling of accomplishment and cheaper too!

Edit: Maybe I can talk them into flashing it at the same time they do the ABS magic!

Reactions: jblohm

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah, if they already have the bike in for something else, maybe they'll just do it. That's part of the problem with these bikes and the Can-Bus electronics, no easy way to mod electric circuits. In the old days, run a hot wire fused from the battery to a relay to the driving lights, and tap off of the running lights for signal, and the driving lights would work anytime the running lights were on, headlight low or high beam.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
These aren't really Harleys anymore people . Only in corporate name only ! The only thing you can do with your late model Harley in your backyard anymore is change the fluids, air the tires up and take it for a test ride ! (more or less).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts