Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.
I got my hands on this 2000 1200 with less than 6k miles on it. I have been searching for quite a while to find out more information on the paint, I can’t seem to find any info on how many were produced with this paint/how desirable it is. Thanks!

Attachments

·
American
26,719 Posts
I don’t recall seeing it.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
I just tried to help you find out about your paint

Here’s one I found.
You could also go to a dealer and someone could look it up for you.
What yr is that bike ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
The sheet metal on your motorcycle has likely been repainted. I am sure that your research has shown that your design is not a standard issue for that year on your model motorcycle. Harley-Davidson does offer special paint options/replacements that can be purchased from the Motor Company catalog. If the previous owner did purchase these replacement tins, they are marked as 1 of 100 or how ever many they made for that particular year. If you do not see this indication anywhere visible, it often is low on the gas tank, then it is likely that the original tins were repainted locally. As others have said, the design is similar to a Heritage Softail during the 1990's.

To address your questions:
Is it rare? Yes, because it has been custom painted. It is unlikely there is an exact duplicate on anyone else's motorcycle.
Is it valuable? No, because paint and design are entirely opinion based. This paint scheme has no foundation at the Harley-Davidson factory since they did not produce it. An artist derived the design and applied it to the motorcycle after it had been purchased from the dealer. As long as you are happy with the color and design, then that is all that matters. No one else's opinion weighs in on how right or wrong your motorcycle is. If you want to change the paint, you are completely free to do so without reducing the value of the motorcycle.
Is it desirable? Desire is generally an emotion, which again, is opinion based. Therefore, same answer as above.

·
Just Ride
3,208 Posts
Does it have gold pin stripes and emblem? If so it's a limited paint by Harley. Google the year it is and look for paint options.

Reactions: ARIZONA MISFIT
1 - 7 of 7 Posts