Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How soon is too soon for your next bike...... This year I purchased a 2000 Fatboy 15Kmi. The bike is pretty decked out. Lots of chrome. Leater bags. absolutely beautiful. Loved it from the moment I saw it. Still very much in love with this bike.... However... As I start thinking of future mods I'd like to make, mostly comfort related for myself and the 2up riding, the bike would start to take the shape of a different style of HD. I feel guilty about having the thoughts against my FB, but I find my self brousing Craigslist DAILY (probably hourly) looking at what i'd "like" to have. Shame on me?:spank::biking:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My first bike was a Fatboy Lo. Loved that bike. Would still love to have it, but couldn't afford two. Bought the Fatboy on August 1, 2012 traded it for the SG Dec, 6 2012. Much happier with the SG for comfort, tunes, and more...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you be keeping the Fat Boy as well as getting another?
LOL, well that would make this decision ALLOT easier, but I think I will need whatever trade in value I could get to keep payments lower on the next.

I left out that I owned this bike from day one. No payments..... Anything more will most likely need some financing.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first bike was a Fatboy Lo. Loved that bike. Would still love to have it, but couldn't afford two. Bought the Fatboy on August 1, 2012 traded it for the SG Dec, 6 2012. Much happier with the SG for comfort, tunes, and more...
OK, 6 months or so..... That makes me feel MUCH better!

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Had my super glide about a year before I started looking. Wife was interested in going with me on trips so needed more room and comfort for her. Now that I have my King I hope I keep her a long time, but it never hurts to look. Still have my fxdi but will most likely be selling her this spring.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I bought my '08 Fat Boy (8.2k) this spring. I've since put almost 8k more miles on it. I test rode the new Street Glide and thought a lot about another bike.

It's an anniversary edition, so keeping some things stock, like paint, helps maintain the value.

Problem is, I dearly love riding this bike. I'm gonna look into upgrading some things ( lights ). About the only thing I'd consider replacing it with is a new Fat Boy, maybe with a Memphis Shade instead, removable hard/color-matched bags, solo seat, luggage rack.

Ride what you love.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
By another and keep the FB.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I bought my 00 Wide Glide three years ago and love it. But I picked up the 09 Roadking in August, upon which I will probably spend more time. Plus, the riding season here is not long, so I will probably part with the Dyna. I must say the War Dept. has been very good about two Harleys sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
How soon is too soon for your next bike...... This year I purchased a 2000 Fatboy 15Kmi. The bike is pretty decked out. Lots of chrome. Leater bags. absolutely beautiful. Loved it from the moment I saw it. Still very much in love with this bike.... However... As I start thinking of future mods I'd like to make, mostly comfort related for myself and the 2up riding, the bike would start to take the shape of a different style of HD. I feel guilty about having the thoughts against my FB, but I find my self brousing Craigslist DAILY (probably hourly) looking at what i'd "like" to have. Shame on me?:spank::biking:
There is a Harley "learning curve" most of us go through. Took me three Harleys within 4 years to figure out what I really wanted/needed. But figure it out I did. Will have my current ride for a looooooong time.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I bought my '08 Fat Boy (8.2k) this spring. I've since put almost 8k more miles on it. I test rode the new Street Glide and thought a lot about another bike.

It's an anniversary edition, so keeping some things stock, like paint, helps maintain the value.

Problem is, I dearly love riding this bike. I'm gonna look into upgrading some things ( lights ). About the only thing I'd consider replacing it with is a new Fat Boy, maybe with a Memphis Shade instead, removable hard/color-matched bags, solo seat, luggage rack.

Ride what you love.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

If you love the Fat Boy, perhaps you should never ride a Road King. (Just sayin')

:stir
:D

--

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you love the Fat Boy, perhaps you should never ride a Road King. (Just sayin')

:stir
:D

--
You're so right. That's what I'm afraid of.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
If your wallets fat, never too soon buy another HD

:bikerguy::thumbsup

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Never too soon when it comes to skooters.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I had my fatbob one summer. Then I saw the light!!! Tunes!!!! Cruise!!!! Recliner!!! Road glide!!!! Never looked back.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had my fatbob one summer. Then I saw the light!!! Tunes!!!! Cruise!!!! Recliner!!! Road glide!!!! Never looked back.
Ya, that's what I'm talkin bout!
:biking:

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I think you should buy whatever you want and not feel bad about it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts