Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friends, I need your help with this subject, somebody know how to activate the EITMS in a Breakout FXSB 2015. I was trying turning the accelerometer forward and nothing happened. So now I'm listening the Gods of HDs. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10,567 Posts
Not sure what you mean by rolling it "forward". Should roll it "off" past the point it would normally stop at, hold it there for 10-12 seconds, that should turn it on or off depending on whether it was already off or on. Your owner's manual should tell you as the procedure may vary on some bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for your answer but after I did it as you say, nothing happened. Maybe in this model the procedure is different. So if somebody know how, please let us know.

·
Registered
37,631 Posts
On Softails & Dynas it is off by default, it needs to be activated by the dealer.

And engine temp needs to be above 140C/285F before rear cylinder will shut down via eitms.

·
Registered
10,567 Posts
Also, did you try turning it off more than once? I leave mine in "Disabled" mode but, occasionally, for whatever reason, the bike puts it back in "Enable". Whenever I realize mine is back in Enable at the next stoplight I shut it off by rolling the throttle back, as I mentioned in my previous post, and holding it there maybe 10-12 seconds. But...., sometimes that won't do it on the first try and I try it again a 2nd and sometimes a 3rd time before it finally changes the EITMS status to Disabled.

Mine is a '16, I would think your '15 should work the same way but maybe you should ask your dealer about it.

·
Super Moderator
4,142 Posts
Rolling the throttle forward will not do anything unless the engine is hot as Kainam said. You have to be stopped and the engine has to be very hot. Give us an idea of when you are trying to use the feature. I used mine often when stuck in traffic, but haven't needed it since I got my cooling fan. After the cooling fan, my engine doesn't even get hot enough to activate it. And frankly, before the cooling fan, it really just bought me another 10 minutes before my engine shut down.

·
Registered
10,567 Posts
Rolling the throttle forward will not do anything unless the engine is hot as Kainam said. You have to be stopped and the engine has to be very hot. Give us an idea of when you are trying to use the feature. I used mine often when stuck in traffic, but haven't needed it since I got my cooling fan. After the cooling fan, my engine doesn't even get hot enough to activate it. And frankly, before the cooling fan, it really just bought me another 10 minutes before my engine shut down.
I read somewhere that with the Rushmore bikes with fairings the EITMS will kick in whenever the ambient air temp is 80 or above and Rushmores without fairings will have their EITMS kick in when the oil or engine temp reaches I can't remember what the temp is. But I believe that because on my '16 RGU I've noticed on warm, but NOT HOT, days I can be riding on mostly shaded roads just cruising easy at low rpms and come to a stop light and the dang EITMS kicks in. Not at all necessary the times I'm talking about. That's why I just turned it off--but as mentioned sometimes the bike itself turns it back on so I just again turn it off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On Softails & Dynas it is off by default, it needs to be activated by the dealer.

And engine temp needs to be above 140C/285F before rear cylinder will shut down via eitms.
Thank you very much for the info, this week I'm going to the dealer. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your response, my case is the same as yours, I need the EITMS to be activated now that I am in a city with a lot of traffic and high temperatures.
Could you tell me more about that cooling fan you have in your Harley? Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
4,142 Posts
Mine is a Jim's parade fan. There are several great fans out there. Also the oil cooler helps bit but only when you move. I have a pretty in depth cooling thread but hard for me to find it and link it on my phone.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
That's why I just turned it off--but as mentioned sometimes the bike itself turns it back on so I just again turn it off
Computers, do pretty much what they want these days. My laptop sometimes cant decide to keep settings or change them. Getting old and cranky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts