Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am 69 and at the time two months from 70. Came out of the house and bike has a flat rear tire. I asked the wife to watch while I backed the bike up to see what caused the flat. She said she could not see anything, I asked her to mount the bike and I would slowly push it forward to look myself. I have a Titanium knee in my right leg and it does not like being knelt on, so I was flat on the ground behind the bike. As I slowly pushed it forward I saw a nail dead center in the tread. Just as I saw this, I saw my 2016 Heritage Softail slowly fall on it's left side with my wife's' left leg under it. I know the proper way to pick up a bike as shown in the videos but I wasn't thinking just reacting. I jumped up and grabbed the Sissy bar and picked it up. This was pure adrenalin and my back payed for it the next three days. When the stuff hits the fan you don't always do it right. Oh and I am 5'8" and 210lbs, best of luck guys.

·
Senior Flatulant
915 Posts
I was told that there are only two types of riders ... Those that have dropped their bike and those that are going to.

I can't believe how much heavier they get as I get older ... Glad it's not just me that is putting on the pounds!!

Cheers,
Smoketown

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice video. Now take the bags off. :| Great points on lifting save your back.
You'll get no argument from me that a bike is infinitely more difficult to lift without bags.

I had engine guards and hard bags installed to protect my bike, the fact that they also help if/when it goes down is just a bonus. :wink

21 - 24 of 24 Posts