Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my 2009 FXSTC soon. It's got V&H big radius pipes and a Screaming Eagle intake. How can you tell if the guy has had it re programed? I'm sure that someone going through the pipe and filter upgrade would , but??

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
See where the rev limit is. Crank it up in neutral, if it goes over 6 grand it's been programmed. Hopefully you've got a tach or you'll need a multimeter with tach function.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I guess what I meant to ask was how to tell if it has stage 1 upgrade. I know carburetors and re-jetting but not fuel injection and this computer stuff.

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
The real H-D "Stage One" consists of the high flow air cleaner, high flow exhaust and the stage one download. The only other way to check is to have the Scanalyzer or Digital Tech shop computer read the ECM.
If the bike has pipes and AC it most likely has the download too. Or an add on fuel management system.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I had the exact question, I didn't even know what the stage one air filter looked like, but somebody here straightened me out on that, yes I have stage one air.

I have an old high school buddy who is service manager at my local dealer and asked him how I'd know if the ECM had been flashed after the upgrade. He just pulled the vin number up on his computer and found the date that the slip ons were installed along with SE air upgrade and ECM download, so I quess I'm good to go.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The way it was it was explained to me is that Stage 1 air filter also involves a different mount which eliminates the oem backing plate, allowing more air. If you can see a black plastic backing plate behind the filter then it's not stage 1 (at least on my SG).

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No plastic box here.

Attachments

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
I own a 2009 FXSTC and will say I absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts