Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy as it sounds, I'd like to know if it's possible to ride with music off, and just use the intercom. I've read through the Boom 6.5 manual front to back and don't really see anything other then selecting the sources. I'm using two HD wired headsets and can only hear the passenger when there is an audio source playing and am using VOX for the intercom. If I press the mute button while playing music, the music stops, but then I cannot hear anything from the passenger.

Ideally I'd like to be able to switch music off without having to navigate through page after page of settings while driving.

Confused in Denver....

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You might try turning the volume all the way down on the music (not Mute). On mine the CB has it's own volume but it's a 13 with completely different radio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I'll try turning music volume down. This is on a '15 Ultra w/6.5 Boom Audio. No, haven't tried calling the dealer yet, figured I'd ask here first.
Thanks,

·
Registered
635 Posts
I agree, the lowest volume setting shows circle/slash for mute. You can adjust with you left thumb toggle.

·
Road Junkie
2,020 Posts
The Tuner/Media volume is separate from the Intercom volume. You can adjust them when the source is activated. For example, if you are playing music and turn the volume up/down, then it will adjust the Tuner/Media volume. Likewise, if you adjust the volume while you or your passenger are speaking on the Intercom, it will adjust the Intercom down. There are separate volume adjustments for the rider/passenger on each. Unfortunately, there is only one VOX control which is a bummer because my wife seems to be catching more wind and often interrupts the tunes at +70 mph.

I believe the Mute button mutes all, but haven't played with that in a while. I have suggested to HDMC that they add a "Mute/Eject Spouse" control button (first two times pushed it mutes, third time it ejects), but they haven't gotten back to me on that one yet. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think if you hold the mute button for like 3 sec when the radio is on it will turn off or so I was told.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hitting the mute will mute everything, the music, intercom, and CB all have their own volume levels to include the prompt voice if you have that as well....have the old lady speak into the intercom while you adjust the volume and all will be good.....

Radar is right on target.....see who needs the dealership....

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
We love happy endings :grin

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
So....how can I turn off the voices in my head?

--

Reactions: SCHMIDTY

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,970 Posts
I have never been able to turn off the music or the voices. They just play along in my head, with the ringing, noise...more like crickets. Can the dealer fix this?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
^^No, but Dr Phil might be able to.

Reactions: slingshot383
1 - 19 of 19 Posts