Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been around the block for a few. My business is suspension. I like HD’s providing they are fun to ride. I make em’ handle an prefer comfortable for the long haul. Making HD’s work is what I live for. I like bikes and this is what I do for fun. I never want to have a job. I own motorcyclemetal.com I try to do stuff no one else does. I do have my point of view and it does not include icing, phony covers or do-dads. I hope I can post some of the bikes I ride (5).
Sorry it does not work (trying to insert an image)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. So you like the Penske shocks? I am considering buying them if they make them in V-ROD compatible models.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. So you like the Penske shocks? I am considering buying them if they make them in V-ROD compatible models.
We made them for Harley (OEM) on the V-Rods a little while back when HD got sued. Once the contract was up they went to a Asian company and copied our rebound and compression numbers and had the present outsource manufacturing company make them after we did the R&D. They are a very inexpensive shock to make and not the same design by a long shot. Our shocks last for a lifetime.

I use V-Rod modified shocks on my FXR. Our shocks are all modular so we can change all parts from different boxes. I wish I could post a picture but I can supply a link to the picture. This was the prototype shock, 1st off. Now they are chromed & black. We offer them in many different configurations. LINK Scroll down the page to the bottom. You may also go to the Penske page for more information

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Howard,
Welcome to the forum!
I just spent some time checking out your website.
All I can say is WOW!
I just changed my HP2 over from the standard air shock to a Wilburs adjustable front and rear system. The difference is amazing! It is a whole new bike!
I can vouch for what a difference a properly tuned suspension can make.
It is GREAT to see someone concentrating on the HD suspension systems.
As soon as I have recovered finance wise from the new engine build, I will be in touch.
You guys (and gals) need to check out the website. It has some great information.

Ride Free, Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Howard,
Welcome to the forum!
I just spent some time checking out your website.
All I can say is WOW!
I just changed my HP2 over from the standard air shock to a Wilburs adjustable front and rear system. The difference is amazing! It is a whole new bike!
I can vouch for what a difference a properly tuned suspension can make.
It is GREAT to see someone concentrating on the HD suspension systems.
As soon as I have recovered finance wise from the new engine build, I will be in touch.
You guys (and gals) need to check out the website. It has some great information.

Ride Free, Ride Safe,
Vettster
Thank You!

*Note, make sure you address the front end as it is even more important. Write me & I'll send you info on how to do it & all the options available possibly localy.

I was looking at Wilbers but the support was not that redly available in the USA. Before starting this project, I e-Mailed Wilbers & never got a reply. That is the reason I went into this field of developing for real Shocks (only the shocks reason but not the other stuff I do). There was no one that builds real shocks for me to buy (as of a year and a half ago) so I had to develop and design, these quality shocks myself for myself. The options at that point were nil. If you have good suspension (should be modification #1 along with good brakes), than you are comfortable (very smooth ride not experienced with a stock HD) and safe.

What motor build are you doing and is there anything I can help with you as far as information wise goes? There are many resources available here in the USA, maybe more so than where you live? I do not build motors but a friend of mine does. He is a great wealth of info and has every Harley training program available (certified & worked in HD franchises for over 35 years). If you need this info, please do not hesitate to contact me on my contact me e-mail through my web site. Sorry, my toll free only is good in Canada and Here (USA). No problems helping anyone.......that is the reason for this life we live. HGM motorcyclemetal.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts