Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have been kind of lurking in the shadows for a while...reading without posting...figured it was time for me to register and say howdy.

I suppose on most levels I am still a very green beginner. I bought an '06 dyna wide glide in April of '06. I put a whopping 800 miles on the odometer, then...moved, couldn't take ride with me immediately. Last fall, finally got her back, lookin' good, and ridin' fine.

In my limited experience, I tend to go for 1-2 hour rides on back country roads...you know...Oh a cow, a horse, OOhh $hit gravel in the road.

Currently, all stock. Part of tax refund will put a new exhaust and a couple other touches on this Spring.

Also, at the top of my 'Things to get list' is a service and parts manual. I may not do everything, but by gosh, I can start with some of the easier things.

Later,
Fub

PS a lot of you are very funny people..thanks for the laughs while reading!

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome I like back roads too, gives you a chance to know the bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the best road is the one you're on

Spring's almost here, let's get out there!:thumb

·
Registered
638 Posts
welcome from Ohio...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome! If your gonna hangout here I want to see some miles on that machine of yours. :thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Welcome Fub.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Wind? In Ky? How's that happen? Ky's got so many trees, the wind can't get a good head start. May be the Prettiest state to ride in.

In Texas I ride in wind gusting to 30 fairly freguently, 17 to 25 all the time, but I do have small windscreens. Some buffetting is just part of riding, but applying the strength to resist the wind trying to push you off is enough for me to need a windscreen for all but that country lane cruise, highway riding in the wind w/o a windscreen would be no fun at all. See if you can borrow a clip on windscreen, to test, try mounting it low so you're looking over it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts