Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see, I love the open water, but there is none to speak of around here. So, I take to the open road to get to open water. Not that I have a boat or anything, I just love watching and hearing one of God's great creations to soothe the soul.

Anyways, I have been riding for over 40 years, except for a 15 year break when the kids were growing up....Started on an old BSA 250 single (a fun first bike with a frustratingly pathetic ignition,especially in the midnight dampness when I was getting off work.) Suzuki 185, Suzuki 400 single, Yamaha 650 twin (finally a real bike that I could travel with). Then that 15 year pause....Then a 1988 Sportster. But it died a sad death after a rebuild that the mechanic wouldn't stand behind...and finally to a real touring bike: a 1986 Goldwing (smoothasglass, quietasawhisper, purredrightalong, but no personality.) My heart has always been with Harley, and even though I don't think they treat their customers right in the big picture sense, I finally found a 1998 FLHTPI retired police bike from Detroit PD. Only had about 13K on the clock. I'm fixing it up and will shortly be ready to unleash it on an unsuspecting world.

Just reread this. Got a little wordy there, didn't I? (I do that more these days...) Stats: Retired Male, 64 y.o., married with two great kids, and a new first grandson (YAY!!!) Wife is also retired, but has no interest in riding. She missed a lot of fun in the early days. Oh, well...See you on the road and off the beaten trail. David Metzger

·
Retired citizen
22,051 Posts
Land locked ??? What about that big stinky ass canal you've got down there ?
Welcome from WI ... plenty of water outside my back door !!!

·
Señor Member
19,582 Posts
Where abouts, Helix? I boat in Shelbyville and have friends in Monticello, Springfield, etc.

Welcome from Kankakaee Co.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts