Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, NDT from North Dakota here. After 36 years of riding metrics and convincing myself that no matter how badly I wanted one, I should forget the Harley dream & strick to less costly metrics, last week I ran across a deal on a new 2015 Sportster XL1200T so sweet my wife couldn't argue against it, and the bank couldn't wait to do the deal. Picked it up on Monday, the second Harley I've ridden (the first was a Sportster test drive when I was in the army in 1980). This bike was raffled at the 2015 Devils Run in June and won, on one ticket, by a guy who is the least biker-ish human I've ever met. He got a cash windfall, I got my Harley at far, far, under book, his wife got it out of the garage where he might be tempted to actually ride, all are happy. I've been riding an 07' VStar tourer the last 7 years and this bike is far different. I'm thoroughly enjoying learning the quirks. Going to do some modding, just bolt on safety/comfort stuff, & by Spring it should be darned close to what I've always wanted. Look forward to meeting the guys here & picking your brains & harley experience... NDT

Attachments

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Sportster, from Conway, SC.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome from Florida where Mickey Mouse lives.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
American
28,686 Posts
Welcome from Indiana. Nice ride congrats!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Sounds like you got a great deal. Nice looking bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts