Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about hydraulic clutches. There is some on e-bay for $238., I cut my fingers off on my left hand when i was in my 20s and am having a hard time with my clutch. My hand slipped off the clutch today and almost dropped my bike. Are these clutches a lot easier to pull like they are advertized?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Well it depends. My stock VROD hyraulic clutch has a lever pull effort that is quite hard. Since 08 they now use a "slipper clutch that has a 20 or 25% easier pull effort. I've been told the lowest effort clutch is the AIM unit. Link here

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
You might check in with this link.

http://www.disabledmotorcyclerider.com/

A small variety of things you can do. Since the last PC crash Ive lost all my links to pics and people who have done mods, etc. for various reasons similar to yours. Links are few but their out there.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
They only show up to 03 sportster.
Sorry I didnt realize that.

It looks like 1994 to 2003 is the same with 2004 to 2005 having some changes and yet again different for 2006 to 2009 for the Sportster line. I dont know the difference but other parts elsewhere indicate this.

Such as this option. Those who have it on the VROD love it.

Take two

Harley offers reduced Effort clutch kit for the big twin only.

I can't vouch for this product but it is an option. Click here

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i'm goin to buy that easy pull and give it a try. Hell it's only 30 bucks. I talked to the guy on the phone. he sounds honest so i sent him a check.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,185 Posts
I converted my 2005 LowRider, which has a somewhat higher pressure spring plate installed along with the 95' kit, to a hydraulic clutch. It was a lot more expensive than you are talking about.

The action is definitely noticeably easier, but I think it is only friction that is gone, I think when sitting at a light holding the spring back, the hydraulic action cannot reduce the effort needed to hold it back, I think that required force remains constant, but the hydraulic action eliminates friction.

I'm glad I did it. If you see an online dealer having a 20% off sale with free shipping, it's a pretty good choice.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one i'm talkin about is from drag specialties, it's called the mainstreet hydraulic clutch. It 's advertized to be 40% easier to pull. Price is 290.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
clutch cable to the foot control and you can fab just about anything for the shifter I belive the sell kits for it try egay I know there out there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts