Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was riding my Triumph Speed Triple 3 evenings ago thinking about what the perfect bike for me would be in 2013. I had budgeted to add one more bike sometime this year and I was not sure which way I was going to go. Super Sport bike, light touring bike, etc.. I thought about rather than getting something with 87 traction/wheelie control modes I would get something perfectly simple. Was looking at Bonnevilles but they were not doing it for me. Then it hit me. Every time I have been in a HD shop looking at V-Rods (it too was on my maybe list) I always loved the look of the Iron 883 in black. I raced home and pulled the HD site up and started looking at the 883.

About 22 hours later I was driving home with a 2013 Iron 883 Sportster -- Matte Black in the back of my truck!!!

I could not sleep the first night and could barely sleep the second night I was so thrilled with this bike.

Threw on the Vance & Hines Short Shot tonight after work and I am now wondering how much sleep I will get tonight!!!!

Love the bike and I will be bugging everyone about the best oil to use and which tires last 100000 miles before needing to be changed!!!
HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Can wait to see the photos. Sleep is over rated!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Ain't it a great feelin ! Kinda like gettin a new girl friend . She's so purty you want to keep buyin stuff for her . Its a sickness but it shore is fun !
Welcome to the Brotherhood !

Ride Safe & Ride Righteous !

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats welcome to forum, nice color choice, I'm
Partial to denim blk..,!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts

Nah, I'm just messing with ya. Welcome from Chicago

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome from the islands. Gold wing owners ask why buy a bike to put stuff on when u can get one that's all complete. But u all knw its like Xmas everyday.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Congrats and Welcome from New Jersey...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures of Phase 1

Got the exhaust and the slick J & P flush gas cap installed.

Waiting on a Corbin Seat and Smoke Turn Signal lens kit.

Here are a few pics of the beautiful machine out at an old Launch Complex (LC-34) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. The Apollo Saturn 1B rockets launched from that structure.

Iron 883 -- Phase 1 - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Um, why was it in the truck? :)
I knew the truck part would come back to haunt me!!!

Not that it matters but....I made the deal for the bike over the phone at about 3pm and wanted the bike in my possession that evening. My non-riding friends were not available on that short of notice to get me a lift to the dealer!

For what it is worth the clock is up to 770 miles as of 3pm today!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts