·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Mike! :danceCongratulations on a beautiful new motorcycle!:dance
I love the bars & light set in front....what a great look. The color is incredible.
I hope you are happy and get many many enjoyable miles out of it. Ride safe!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Outstanding! I love it.

Splashy entrance Mike, ya got my envy.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Great lookin bike!!! I'm guessing the weather is still cold there? Have you had anytime to ride it? how do you like it so far?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Love that headlight and front tire! Congrats Mike! Hope to see more of your ass around here! (Not literally, PLEASE!):D

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Love that headlight and front tire! Congrats Mike! Hope to see more of your ass around here! (Not literally, PLEASE!) :D
yeah once was enough :rofl:

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. I brought it home today. What a plush ride, they have really done a good job with the Dyna frame re-design.. The stock 1584cc engine is a bit anemic, but I paid the Harley Tax and will have the pipe, race tuner, air filter, dyno run done next week when I am in Japan for work. I picked the Rinehart 2:1 to reward them for making a pipe for my VRSCR.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
....next week when I am in Japan for work.
And I complain about the ride I have for work........:D

Nice ride. I never owned a brand new Harley, but I've owned 2 other bikes new. Neat feeling to see it there in your garage, knowing that other than the test rider at the factory, YOU'RE the only other person to have ridden it.;)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
And I complain about the ride I have for work........:D

Nice ride. I never owned a brand new Harley, but I've owned 2 other bikes new. Neat feeling to see it there in your garage, knowing that other than the test rider at the factory, YOU'RE the only other person to have ridden it.;)
There is even such a thing as New Motorcycle smell. A weird mix of solvents gaskets light oil and plastic. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here it is, in it's new home getting stickers and reflectors removed and a serious first coat of Mizerna FMJ "wax". And yeah, that is the poor YamaBobber filleted in the background.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike,
That is one of the finest paints HD has come out with in a long time!
You know, I like it but am not ga-ga over it but everyone who has seen the bike has raved about the color. 3 coats of FMJ and 3 of Carnuba really brought out the depth. My son was amazed when I showed him a section that had not been touched, a section with the FMJ, and finally a completed section. He said the section that was untouched looked great, as it should, right? But he said the final section was unbelievable.

Detailers motto: Shine without depth is meaningless

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
You know, I like it but am not ga-ga over it but everyone who has seen the bike has raved about the color. 3 coats of FMJ and 3 of Carnuba really brought out the depth. My son was amazed when I showed him a section that had not been touched, a section with the FMJ, and finally a completed section. He said the section that was untouched looked great, as it should, right? But he said the final section was unbelievable.

Detailers motto: Shine without depth is meaningless
Mike, upon seeing that ride in the local HD dealership I was ga-ga over the color. It was in the back just uncrated and set-up so they rolled it out in the sun to take a look. It just gleamed and the depth you speak of appeared so real that it felt as if you could reach inside. If the work you did brought it out more, then I must get out in the garage and polish my motorcycle immediately.

Do you recommend Menzerna shampoo, then Final Polish, then Full Molecular Jacket if the newish ride has been out and ridden, in other words exposed to the elements?

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
your not planning on painting it green are ya :stickpoke:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts