Harley Davidson Forums banner

I Can Feel it!

3K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  dynaglydr 
#1 ·
Very unusual weather pattern for eastern NC this week. Normally hot and humid in August here. This week though it has been low to mid 80's and low humidity. When I rode in to work this morning ( 1 hour commute) I actually had long sleeve shirt on and a jacket! It was about 62 degrees when I left the house. Felt great! Fall is right around the corner... I can feel it. How about where you are?

:biker:

#7 ·
Unfortunately here in SW Indiana it looks like summer is going to pass us by this year. We've only had a couple of 90 degree plus days, the rest of the time its been in the upper 70s to low 80s. I want some heat and humidity so i can get out and ride the new Heritage Softail with my H-D tank top on! Plus we've had our share of rain this summer too.

Definitely not a typical Indiana summer this year.

Wib

#16 ·
Anyone feeling the need for some heat just come on down here and visit me in beautiful south Florida. 6 AM it is 80° and still dark out. With humidity high enough you think you'll need gills to breath instead of lungs. By 9 it is 90°+ in the shade. And by 2 or 3 a guaranteed thunderstorm with plenty of lightning and localized street flooding as it rains sideways for an hour or so.

And the best part.....Our weather won't change a bit until maybe come October we might get a slight easing of the temps......maybe.
I got enough heat and humidity for everyone. I'll share.

#17 ·
Woke up in Fostoria last Saturday morning to 57° cloudless sky with no humidity to speak of. Got back home and the weather geeks are talking about what a mild summer It has been. They are forecasting m7d 90s and a return to normal steam room humidity for next week though. I'm not complaining. But I do hope the northern bro's don't get their riding season cut short.

--

#18 ·
its been really weird here. mid to upper 90s one day, high 70s to low 80s and raining the next. some days, so humid you cant catch your breath, no humidity to speak of the next. I don't mind the heat, but 95% humidity is horrible. my allergies don't know how to act!
regards,
dave

#19 ·
I noticed in Fostoria as we experienced weather that only begins around October down here that the high for the day was lower than the low for the day on the South Coast. I have a feeling that this winter is going to be very close to last year. Bite me, Al Gore!

#24 ·
I don't wanna pick on all of us but....
Do`t think your picking. Think you are pretty close to dead on.
Is climate shift natural? I believe it is.
I do feel we have contributed in some way to it. Whether increasing\decreasing the severity. The timing? Some way(s) we may not even understand.
I totally believe we have.

But sorry. No. I`m not giving up T~S and getting a horse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.