Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
It would be better if they all rode without dragging their brake an dismounted from the high side,the rest was ok and with practice almost all riders can do those easy maneuvers.The manual Harris has out teaches those and many other
riding confidence skills.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be better if they all rode without dragging their brake an dismounted from the high side,the rest was ok and with practice almost all riders can do those easy maneuvers.The manual Harris has out teaches those and many other
riding confidence skills.
You have mentioned it before. Are you willing to help me find Harris' manual? Is it available through Amazon?

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
You have mentioned it before. Are you willing to help me find Harris' manual? Is it available through Amazon?
Go to the VTF and email or PM him.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I'd be more impressed to see 'em do that on V-Rods.
I'm sure it could be done, but I think it'd be lots harder.

Particularly if, like Slowhound said, it was done with throttle and clutch.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
One thing I wish I could think of a realistic way to practice is emergency stops. In fact, more than a few emergency maneuvers that would be very valuable, even lifesaving to know, would be difficult or dangerous to really practice.

Somebody needs to build a simulator, or figure a way to disaster-proof a bike to practice on. For emergency braking control practice, if you could add outriggers and casters, to a training bike, so if you overdid it it wouldn't really spill, just let you know that you messed up,and it tried to spill.

Speaking of simulators, they need a simulator to try handlebars, too.
A seat and articulated bars, the program would enter the rake, neck height, seat height, etc, and let you try different positions, to prescribe the proper fit for bars.

I hate buying something to see if it is right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts