Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so this is a long dead horse but I just don't understand the deal. My indy guy, Dobbs at Little Guys shop in Mansfield said to take the straight pipes off because it will ruin my motor, not enough back pressure even through the tiny slit in the fishtail opening. However, A guy on a road king rode up behind me at an extremely long friggin red light (where we subsequently both ran it...I was there for a good 3.5 minutes) and his bike sounded exactly like mine used to with the straight fishtails. Maybe even the exact same ones I used to have on.

Maybe his was tuned to the straights? I can't really put on straights or my apt complex will have a friggin fit but I do miss the sound.

What are y'all's thoughts or is this just too big a can of worms?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Those fish tails do sound & look good . Hell , the sound of a Harley is more than half the mystique of a Harley . There's plenty of Harley look-a-likes & knock offs on the road but none sound as good as a real Harley . And it don't matter whether its a Sportster or a big twin ! So , is the sound your Harley makes important ? HELL YEAH !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts