Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife called on Sunday from the Persian Gulf and I finally owned up to the whole project. See the cocksuckers at Twisted Choppers lied to me about sending the rest of the parts oil bag battery box and fender and foot controls so the project set idle all weekend. My wife is due home on the 23rd of this month so there was just no way to have it done by then with shit still missing. She sounded very excited and really interested in the project and was kinda sad she wasn't home to help me with it. My wife is a welder in the Navy, 17 years so when she says help she means it. She told me not to worry about having it finished so it relieves some the deadline feeling I was having. I was so fucking mad last Friday when the stuff didn't show up again I could have spit nails so I really need to chill out now. Here is an email I fired off to Twisted Chopper yesterday morning. Keep in mind I just got my frame and gas tank on 4/20/07.

Well Jeff sense you wont email or call me back I'm guessing you don't have an answer as to why you would print a shipping label and not send my stuff. Just a little recap, I paid for an entire frame kit and a $200 up charge for a custom tank on November the 20th 2006. From that kit I have gotten the frame and tank only. Still need the oil bag and battery box and rear fender that shit was paid for over 5 months ago please send it to me. On 4/10/2007 I gave you $695.00 for a set of I beam foot controls that you said you had on the shelf and still I have not received those after asking you to ship them repeatedly. Jeff this has past a point of ridiculousness and frankly a little disrespectful. I have tried to be as patient as possible with you but after last week I'm pretty much over it. Ill give you till 1:30 pm eastern time today to call me with a honest answer about the foot controls, if you don't call I'm calling my bank and disputing the charge for the foot controls and you can settle up with them. As for the rest of the stuff, if you don't have it or cant send it I would like for you to refund the value of that shit from the frame kit price so I can buy it else-were. Sorry it had to come to this email Jeff but thats all on you, I have gone the extra mile for you guys on this entire build.

Regards

Lonnie Sublett

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another email I sent them this am, Ive had two call sense then and one just now. He is next daying my shit to me.

smoothrod said:
Maybe you guys can help Jeff answer this email, but first here is an explanation. This whole transaction from the very beginning has been a cluster ****. Ive tried to be very patient and not freak out most of the time. From the very beginning Jeff told me that yall could build me a frame for my XB motor. So in November I paid for a whole frame kit with an up-charge for custom gas tank. Well in about 9 weeks I had a frame and no kit and the entire frame was wrong as I'm sure you guys know. I sent Jeff all the info I had from my manuals and he came to the conclusion finally that it was all wrong ant that I could just have that frame and yall would pay to have my motor shipped up to yall to make it right. At this time I explained to Jeff that I was building the bike for my wife who was in the Persian Gulf on deployment as a surprise, I explained to him that she would be home on May 25th. So I shipped the motor to yall at the end of January because Jeff assured me that yall were gonna "get right on it", well obviously yall have been very busy and yall didn't get right on it because I just received on the 20th of April. On the 20th I received the motor mounts gas tank and motor. The motor was shipped on its side so there was oil all over the place. I emailed and called Jeff that day to let him know that I hadn't received any motor mount hardware, rear fender, battery box or oil bag and the foot controls that I paid for. He didn't respond until the 25th at which point he did so by phone telling me he was shipping me the rest of my stuff and provided me with a tracking number. All the stuff was supposed to be delivered on Friday the 27th so I tracked it on that after noon and it didn't have tracking info which prompted me to call FedEx. FedEx looked it up in the computer and told me that only a shipping label had been printed and they did not receive the box. I am a very patient person and have even tried to be helpful to yall during this build, if you have seen any of the pics, measurements, overnighted parts etc that I have sent you know what I mean. Because of this latest crap in a last ditch effort to try and get the bike to a point were I can send parts to powder-coat I had to go ahead and buy a battery box and an oil bag from an on-line vendor. The funniest shit ever is that after looking at the stuff and calling the vendor you guys make both of them, what a riot. So to actually get my shit I had to double pay for it and its still coming from you, but thank god the vendor had them in stock. Anyway here is the email I finally had to send Jeff yesterday. I'm am in no way an unreasonable person but this whole thing has been really silly.

Well Jeff sense you wont email or call me back I'm guessing you don't have an answer as to why you would print a shipping label and not send my stuff. Just a little recap, I paid for an entire frame kit and a $200 up charge for a custom tank on November the 20th 2006. From that kit I have gotten the frame and tank only. Still need the oil bag and battery box and rear fender that shit was paid for over 5 months ago please send it to me. On 4/10/2007 I gave you $695.00 for a set of I beam foot controls that you said you had on the shelf and still I have not received those after asking you to ship them repeatedly. Jeff this has past a point of ridiculousness and frankly a little disrespectful. I have tried to be as patient as possible with you but after last week I'm pretty much over it. Ill give you till 1:30 pm eastern time today to call me with a honest answer about the foot controls, if you don't call I'm calling my bank and disputing the charge for the foot controls and you can settle up with them. As for the rest of the stuff, if you don't have it or cant send it I would like for you to refund the value of that shit from the frame kit price so I can buy it else-were. Sorry it had to come to this email Jeff but thats all on you, I have gone the extra mile for you guys on this entire build.

Regards

Lonnie Sublett 757-270-9674.

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All my parts except for the forward contols were on my porch when I came home today. :cool:

·
Registered
40,713 Posts
Right on!

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is, is these guys are no slouches. They won a biker build off and have been on numerous magazines. Hell just last month they were on Iron Works mag and this month they are on 3 diff mags in Europe. I did not expect this crap from these guys. Sadly enough the entire motorcycle industry is full of story's just like mine.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
The thing is, is these guys are no slouches. They won a biker build off and have been on numerous magazines. Hell just last month they were on Iron Works mag and this month they are on 3 diff mags in Europe. I did not expect this crap from these guys. Sadly enough the entire motorcycle industry is full of story's just like mine.
So true.... How soon one forgets how he got there.
"It was us that carried him there"

·
COB
1,984 Posts

I think that sometimes these guys are victims of their own success. That is where Orange County Customs is so successful. Say what you want about Paul Sr. he is obviously a business man. I bet when you order something from them you get it. These other companies are just not prepared financially and man power wise to meet the demands of the business they generate with thier design wins. Age old story. They need to learn to turn people away instead of disappoint them....worked for this little company with the letters HD in their name.

Just my thoughts on a POSSIBLE reason for your tribulations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts