Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good Harley came over and service the bike change oil, check tranny. change air filter, oil filter and what else needed done. Then he road tested it. I think he in love with it. It only has 20,000 miles on it. I have not road it yet. I don't have license yet. I study the questions all week got them down very good went down Thursday and failed the eye test. Got to go to the Doctor Monday? I am 75 good shape all but my eyes. Hope they don't take my driver license to drive the car? He seam to get all upset about my eyes? Never know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Failed my eye test at Drivers Test

I studied all week to take the written test to get my permit and failed the eye test and could not take the written test. They gave me a paper to take to the eye Doctor. I went today and he filled it out and said there was no reason for them to fail me. They had me to look in a machine and ask me if I could see the light on the side. I said no. So this Thursday I am going back to take the test again? We will see?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my permit today test was easy made 100

Also sign up for the Motorcycle safety course. Start next Thursday at 6PM. Saturday 8AM for the riding course. They furnish the bike and helmet. I am a bit old to start doing something like this. I got nothing else to do. I went to the Harley shop and bought a new helmet. It has ti have DOT on the back of it. Here a picture of my MH a Dodge Diesel, my 1990 Softail Harley and a couple of my buddies that I party with. I am in the middle. They are holding me up.

Attachments

·
old scoot coot
5,404 Posts
When they ask you if you see the light say YES ...
i used to be a crop duster, i still have a plane and fly but no acro or dusting for last few years. im 68 now. anyway, when i was commercial i used to have to pass class 2 physicals once a year. i went to an faa reg doc down in nowata ok. the hearing test he gave me was this, he took an old waltham ps bartlett pocket watch out of a drawer while he was winding it he said he was going to turn around and walk toward me and i should let him know when i heard it. the minute he took a step i would say yea i hear it, and i have hearing aids in both ears. i really liked that guy. he was an excelllent doctor. you aint never too old to have fun and as sure as your new scoot is a beauty it is also a sure thing you will have a ton of fun riding your new scoot. that bike really is saaaaaweet, sara even noticed and she has a very well trained eye. the only thing prettier than her rocker is her rocker with her sitting on it. tommy

·
Registered
43,154 Posts
i went to an faa reg doc down in nowata ok. the hearing test he gave me was this, he took an old waltham ps bartlett pocket watch out of a drawer
I have one of those from 1899 that belonged to my Great Granddad.

Thought it was interesting that the clocks in the F-111s that I worked on in the AF had Waltham clocks in them as well.

Pocket watch Watch Fashion accessory Locket Pendant
Product Material property Hand Metal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts