Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching the HD website and came across the video for the new 883 IRON, anyone else seen this??? Well after I wathced it I had to go to the local dealer and check it out, and well....... I will be picking it up in a few weeks. I have several BIG bikes but decided this will be the perfect "Saturday Night Special" and bar hopper :cool:

If you have not seen the video yet, go to the gallery and the last pic is the video which gave me the fever :)

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2009_Motorcycles/2009_Motorcycles.jsp?locale=en_US#/model/xl883n

·
Registered
317 Posts
Uh, silly question, but have you ever heard of and/or seen the Nightster? The Iron 883 is the Nightster's "little brother" in that it's the same bike with spoke wheels instead of laced, a blacked out engine instead of gray, and an 883 engine instead of a 1200. Other than that, the bikes are identical.

The Nightster looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but I'm getting the IRON for $6900 out the door...... they wanted $10,500 for the Nightster and like I said, it will be my 8th bike sitting in the garage. I just wanted it for tearing up the town.

·
Registered
2 Posts
and to be honest, if I was going to spend more on a 1200 i'd get the new XR1200
I'm a total newbie to the HD circles but I've been riding for years and have finally gotten the itch to pick up an Iron 883 (been dirt biking since 12 and street riding since 19). It'll be my first new bike since '04...lost a few friends over the years and hung up my helmet for a while. Anyway, I've been checking my nearby dealerships and haven't been able to get a price anywhere near $6900 OTD...any advice to get a good price?

Also wondering what initial accessories would be be recommended...love the V&H blacked out exhaust, stage 1 air kit and rally seat but wondering if i should consider more right off the bat...thanks!

:banana

·
Registered
317 Posts
and to be honest, if I was going to spend more on a 1200 i'd get the new XR1200
I can see the logic in that, although personally I don't like the XR all that much.

If you're getting an Iron at $6900 OTD, then go for it...that's a good deal in anybody's book!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a total newbie to the HD circles but I've been riding for years and have finally gotten the itch to pick up an Iron 883 (been dirt biking since 12 and street riding since 19). It'll be my first new bike since '04...lost a few friends over the years and hung up my helmet for a while. Anyway, I've been checking my nearby dealerships and haven't been able to get a price anywhere near $6900 OTD...any advice to get a good price?

Also wondering what initial accessories would be be recommended...love the V&H blacked out exhaust, stage 1 air kit and rally seat but wondering if i should consider more right off the bat...thanks!

:banana
I am getting the bike from my local dealer whom I have bought my last 4 bikes from, so he's hooking me up on this one knowing it wont be my last..... plus I know the owners :cool:

I believe the sticker is close to $7000 so it's not really that much of a discount though..........

I am going to make a set of pipes and have them "black" chromed and change out the seat for a saddle-tan leather style, other than that, maybe a intake and ?????

Just looking for a small, quick ride thats easy to toss around the corners around town.

·
OMR
951 Posts
Yeah, but I'm getting the IRON for $6900 out the door...... they wanted $10,500 for the Nightster and like I said, it will be my 8th bike sitting in the garage. I just wanted it for tearing up the town.
Wow I don't feel so bad about having 3 in the garage now. Love my nightster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im looking to get one too, how did you manage to talk your way into 6900 out the door? they dealer here wants 9K at least!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im looking to get one too, how did you manage to talk your way into 6900 out the door? they dealer here wants 9K at least!
Well that dealer is a rip-off then......... MSRP is $7899

Like I said, i got connections :cool:

Gonna pick her up tomorrow..... to bad it's supposed to snow on Sunday :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
$6900 OTD is riciulous but after 4 they arent hurting.. Best deal Ive seen(and took) is $8250 OTD and that was $1k cheaper then all dealerships within 1hr..

·
Registered
1 Posts
i paid 9k it was a pain to find, its my first bike ... lovin it.
now if u guys can help me with a passenger seat, what will fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW ... $6900.00 is a great price. Only problem is you have to live in Indiana to get it. :lol8

Paid $9100.00 OTD in So Cal ... but than again I get to ride mine all year
long. Probably a premium I paid for that :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine should be arriving this week, got it for $6800 in MN. Some dealerships aren't doing as well sales wise and are giving great deals these days. Great time to buy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts