Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice in the last week I have managed to step on someone's discarded wad of gum. Each time I was stopped at a light or in a parking lot and put my foot down only to realize that I had stepped on this sticky mess. With the warm temperatures, it gets all over everything....like the sole of my boot which then transfers it to my floorboards, my highway pegs and my brake pedal. I even got some on my chaps with the first incident. I am just frustrated with the aftermath and figured you guys would understand.

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
Twice in the last week I have managed to step on someone's discarded wad of gum. Each time I was stopped at a light or in a parking lot and put my foot down only to realize that I had stepped on this sticky mess. With the warm temperatures, it gets all over everything....like the sole of my boot which then transfers it to my floorboards, my highway pegs and my brake pedal. I even got some on my chaps with the first incident. I am just frustrated with the aftermath and figured you guys would understand.
I am with ya on that one Prez! I have had people in cages toss their wad of gum out without so much as a care. Damn disgusting as far as I am concerned, but that's just me.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I chew gum too but spit where nobody will ever stand. I guess on the bright side, you didn't get any in your hair...
How do you clean it off your rubber covers?

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I always make sure to spit mine out next to the parked cagers. It's just my little retaliation to their crappy driving.:spar

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
That sucks. :bluduh

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
That pizzes me off too. I DO understand !.. Although, stepping in dogsh*t makes me actually go ballistic !! Owner's in danger but the dog is safe.:nod

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I chew gum too but spit where nobody will ever stand. I guess on the bright side, you didn't get any in your hair...
How do you clean it off your rubber covers?
I used Goo Gone and followed with soap and water. Cleaned it up pretty well. I was concerned about Goo Gone containing petroleum distillates, so I followed up with the soap and water rinse. Just have to get it off my boots now, they are still tacky. My primary focus was cleaning the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts