Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum,I read some of the posts and see there are a few of us with cabin fever,I put 80 mi on yesterday as it got to 60* glad I got that ride in cause it looks like Mother Nature aint done yet!

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
It ain't fer the fainthearted!

Welcome to our lil' corner of the Intarweb. We're 20 days from Spring!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,188 Posts
Dallas saw near 90 one day last week.
I rode 3 days could have ridden all 5 but for errands that needed the car.
.6 inch precip in Feb. Too damn dry, the whole states gonna burn down,
28 overnight w/25 mph winds gusting to 35 this morning and chill factor in the teens

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Desert dry in the Front Range/Denver area as well. Could be a bad fire season. But it is fine (plenty of snow) in other Colorado drainages. Many of the storms just didn't make it over the Continental Divide. Read where California has declared drought disaster/emergency areas.

rickyrocket... There are upsides to snowy winters!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea there's an upside to most things,like the man said 20 days till spring,60* deg.in feb.is a teaze,it's in the low 40's right now,I'd ride but I'm stuck w/a couple rugrat's to watch!Just wanted to vent&say hi to everyone

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
Left NY 24 years ago because of it, i feel 4 ya!
P.S. 75 and sunny today. had to wear shorts to work.:ridehtt

·
Registered
74 Posts
37 in NY today

Been managing to get out on occasion. Did two hours today, keeps me sane. Welcome to the "club":thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Winter's the time for service, mods and upgrades...........

I ride in anything over 30*. As long as it's dry, and the roads aren't cinder covered from ice.

Welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
All season rider...
I so look forward to the warmer weather, tired of riding in 30 degree weather. BRRRRR I saw this temp of 3' and had to take picture. I think this is one of the coldest without ice, but yes it was snowing.

Attachments

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
All season rider...
I so look forward to the warmer weather, tired of riding in 30 degree weather. BRRRRR

i'm with them, i'll ride in any temp as long as water and ice ain't fallin' from the sky. but damn .....its time for it to warm the hell up 20's and 30's degree rides are getting old!

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
once upon a time on Long Island......
I was riding to work in Feb. 7am ... Forgot my gloves. it was a morning of myst.....
Icicles running down my knuckles speeding down Sunrise highway at 60mph....
was coming up to a stop light and started to slow down. got to the light slowing down5-4-3-2
looked at the driver next to me in a nice warm 1971 vega. noticed at that time 1-
MY KNEES WERE LOCKED IN THE UP POSITION.

:eekers
it was a brand new suzuki once!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
winter does have it`s upside.For Me anyhows.
Walleye!!!
Sweet Marty. We ought to all ride to Miles City this year for a fish fry or fish bake at Marty's or at the City Park!

Another upside to winter... one doesn't take riding for granted. When one cannot sit in the saddle and wander down that road it is appreciated more when it can be done.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
All season rider...
I so look forward to the warmer weather, tired of riding in 30 degree weather. BRRRRR I saw this temp of 3' and had to take picture. I think this is one of the coldest without ice, but yes it was snowing.

BRRRR indeed. Just returned from a 35 mile scoot to Conifer with temps in the upper 30's. A little brisk on 285 at speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Winter is a downer but it also makes me appreciate those warm sunny days! Can't wait to get out and ride again. Do u have to adjust your bike to ride in such cold weather? What I'm asking is is there anything special you have to do to ride it in 30 degree weather or do you just let her warm up for a bit then head out wouldn't she breathe in cold air and just miss?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
once upon a time on Long Island......
I was riding to work in Feb. 7am ... Forgot my gloves. it was a morning of myst.....
Icicles running down my knuckles speeding down Sunrise highway at 60mph....
was coming up to a stop light and started to slow down. got to the light slowing down5-4-3-2
looked at the driver next to me in a nice warm 1971 vega. noticed at that time 1-
MY KNEES WERE LOCKED IN THE UP POSITION.

:eekers
it was a brand new suzuki once!
How long ago was this? I'm still speeding down Sunrise Highway. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Winter blows

Got out yesterday for 2 hours in Jersey, felt good. It looks like we're in for some snow tomorrow into Monday. I just keep looking at the picture of me riding in Fl last Oct. and I get a ahhhh feeling.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Sweet Marty. We ought to all ride to Miles City this year for a fish fry or fish bake at Marty's or at the City Park!

Another upside to winter... one doesn't take riding for granted. When one cannot sit in the saddle and wander down that road it is appreciated more when it can be done.
Bring it on.Give Me a couple of weeks advance notice so`s I can geter ready.:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was on a quick trip to Dallas last week. It was going to 84 the day I left...and that night when I got back home I REALLY enjoyed taking the dog for a walk in a snow storm. :banghead

Something else I noticed...I dropped into the Harley dealer on the Airport freeway near the DFW airport and it was noticeably more quiet than ours. I think when you can ride anytime you like there's not as much excitement or anticipation as opposed to when everyone is just kinda...keeping busy till this bloody snow melts and the temps start to go up...just have'n a coffee, walk'n around the bikes and BS'n about what's up.

Long way of say'n....come on already ...let's get on with spring and get at er! :flag: :flag:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts