·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WINTER..I ABSOLUTELY HATE WINTER.. ARGHHHHHH...:mad :mad

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Started to snow here this morning were getting between 18 to 24". Then it's supposed to get into the single digits and below at night starting this weekend. I can't wait to get the eff out of the northeast and get down to the Carolinas. Hoping to get moved before this sh-t starts again next winter. After that it wouldn't bother me to never see another snowflake again.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Started to snow here this morning were getting between 18 to 24". Then it's supposed to get into the single digits and below at night starting this weekend. I can't wait to get the eff out of the northeast and get down to the Carolinas. Hoping to get moved before this sh-t starts again next winter. After that it wouldn't bother me to never see another snowflake again.
I love it down here in nc! Beer is on me when you get down here

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Where is upstate NY? Moved to FL 12 years ago from Dutchess County NY to get away from the snow and taxes.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well StreetBob 4 I can not agree more. Up here in Canuck Land the winters are WAY too long. It sure makes a guy appreciate the riding season when it finally gets here.
Where I am we really only get a few good warm months of riding.
I hope to get MOJO back on the road in April or if the roads are fairly clear of sand maybe the middle of March and then I can ride to October with heated gear.
I had to keep working for a bit thought I could retire but it didn't quite work out but when I do pull the pin on working it is going to be a more SOUTH for sure.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
WINTER..I ABSOLUTELY HATE WINTER.. ARGHHHHHH...:mad :mad

If you only actually had a winter, I might feel sorry for you. :blahblah:

:laugh

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,673 Posts
Could look at it this way, winter makes us appreciate summer all the more.
. Hey.. I tried!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Where is upstate NY? Moved to FL 12 years ago from Dutchess County NY to get away from the snow and taxes.

Long Island/Manhattan/Hudson area getting rocked with snow right now. Got my baby covered and hibernating. She dare not see this mess. Can't wait to retire, move to Florida....only 22.5 years to go.

~Ride Safe~

·
Registered
153 Posts
Albany area and we were supposed to get 14 inches......nothing...we received nothing!!! Not upset at all, come on spring!!

·
2,327 Posts
We have 19 inches now..snowing at 2 inches/hour.. only 8 hours of the real heavy stuff left. We expect 25-26 inches. ( I hope that's all)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you only actually had a winter, I might feel sorry for you. :blahblah:

:laugh
I really figured that there would be several people blast the OP like this. I mean he is from Tennessee. I'm not for sure what kind of weather he is getting right now, but it couldn't be anything like some of the NE is getting right now.

But OP, I do understand what you are saying. I'm ready for consistent riding weather also.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Define consistent riding weather? As long as the roads are safe I ride every day,no matter the temperature (granted we don't see - temperatures)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Something is changing ! Down here in the so called south we get teens & twenties in the winter , sometimes with a light snow ! And 99 to the low hundreds in the summer with sweltering humidity I might add .
Growing up here in the south I don't ever remember winters being this cold . It used to be unusual if we got a few days of below freezing weather but as of the seventies it just gets colder and for longer every year . Where is this climate warming trend you speak of ?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Something is changing ! Down here in the so called south we get teens & twenties in the winter , sometimes with a light snow ! And 99 to the low hundreds in the summer with sweltering humidity I might add .
Growing up here in the south I don't ever remember winters being this cold . It used to be unusual if we got a few days of below freezing weather but as of the seventies it just gets colder and for longer every year . Where is this climate warming trend you speak of ?
I don't know what you saw as a youngster as far as winters, but I remember the deer hunting and duck/goose hunting seasons being a lot colder when I was young. I remember duck hunting up near Muskogee, Ok. one winter. I would guess in January. It was so cold, that when I spit on the cattails that formed our blind, it wouldn't drip more than an inch before it froze solid. Damn it was cold that day, and damned if we didn't kill a bunch of ducks that day. We have a very pretty hooded merganser mounted that reminds me of that day every time I look at it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts