Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...with my saddlebags.

There is simply no way to deny that they detract from the beauty of my motorcycle. I'm a shallow man and it is form before function in most cases with me. My motorcycle is a beautiful machine and saddlebags are like giant zits on the face of a model.

But....

There is simply no denying the innate usefulness of the saddlebags. Everytime I take them off I go "Gawd that is a good looking bike without that crap hanging off it". Then on the very first ride I am wishing I had someplace to put the 2 litre bottle of Diet Coke or whatever it is I bought. I ride my motorcycle for everything, my truck gets maybe 1000 miles on it between March and November, so obviously I need a way to move stuff. I just came back from the gym and pulled all my gear out of my saddle bags and remarked "Damn them things ugly up that bike"

But I will never put that damn windshield back on. At that point I might as well drive my truck with the windows open.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I actually hate luggage racks worse than S bags CBM,especially those big ones like a flat bed truck.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, I'm so happy about riding a motorcycle that I don't give a damn if it has bags and/or a windshield.
So you don't care what it looks like, as long as it gets you down the road?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually hate luggage racks worse than S bags CBM,especially those big ones like a flat bed truck.
Oooohhhh....now you gave me something new to be shallow and judgemental about. I'll have to think on this one.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
So you don't care what it looks like, as long as it gets you down the road?
Every woman has her limits, but certainly bags and a windshield aren't going to keep me away from a ride.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Mike, I never liked the look of most saddlebags but throw overs are great for the purpose. Really they plop right on and stay put even with no straps or bunjees

They pop off and the handles velcro together so you can carry them in one hand. These I think even look pretty good.

They show it on a sport bike but they look good on the HOG

Click here

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, I never liked the look of most saddlebags but throw overs are great for the purpose. Really they plop right on and stay put even with no straps or bunjees

They pop off and the handles velcro together so you can carry them in one hand. These I think even look pretty good.

They show it on a sport bike but they look good on the HOG

Click here
Yeah, I have Cortech bags for my bike. The problem is, as soon as you take them off you wish you had them and as soon as you put them on they ugly up your bike.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Every woman has her limits, but certainly bags and a windshield aren't going to keep me away from a ride.
So then we think the same, just different points of reference. Some people might never consider owning a bike with a flat paint job, others might not feel their bike is attractive without a lot of chrome, I personally don't think any bike looks good with a windshield or bags.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
So then we think the same, just different points of reference. Some people might never consider owning a bike with a flat paint job, others might not feel their bike is attractive without a lot of chrome, I personally don't think any bike looks good with a windshield or bags.
Right on Mike.

That is one of the parts of the motorcycle universe I appreciate tremendously. From the start of the rubber up we may all be very different in our tastes. From the rubber down we have one big similarity. There are differences in how folks go about doing that too, but being on two wheels is enough to make the connection.

·
Dyna Bobber
7 Posts
I simply got tired of having to stuff everything under my jacket or find some way to strap it to the bike. It became too much of a pain not to be able to carry anything.
I broke down and got a roll bag for my backrest and it's freaking handy!
I'm able to fit my jacket, gloves, my girlfriends jacket, cellphone or just a gallon of milk from the store on my way home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts