Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not being able to ride for a month my cabin fever was really getting on my nerves. Forecast for Sunday was in the mid 50's.. I was going to go for it....I shoveled a path down the driveway to get onto the main road in my neighborhood.

The snow and ice looked negotiable... I got about 100 yards from home before I slid on the ice and fell over. I was going less than 10 mph. Just some minor scuffs . Thank God for the crashbars. My ego is more hurt than anything. My first bike dump in years.

Still able to get out for the day. .. coming home up the same road was a bit unnerving..but I made it. Come on summer!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Scoot, that's wantin' to ride. That's where I draw the line. If stuff is frozen to the road, I ain't riding.

Other than that, though, temps where I live ain't stoppin' me.

Glad you didn't do too much damage.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
After not being able to ride for a month my cabin fever was really getting on my nerves. Forecast for Sunday was in the mid 50's.. I was going to go for it....I shoveled a path down the driveway to get onto the main road in my neighborhood.

The snow and ice looked negotiable... I got about 100 yards from home before I slid on the ice and fell over. I was going less than 10 mph. Just some minor scuffs . Thank God for the crashbars. My ego is more hurt than anything. My first bike dump in years.

Still able to get out for the day. .. coming home up the same road was a bit unnerving..but I made it. Come on summer!!!!
What, didn't get your spikes on for the ride?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Good lord.....lol. That is desperation right there. Glad you are ok, but if there is ice out there, better stay home. How many miles are on your bike??

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I do need some ice spikes! I've got 6500 miles. Just got this in august... that first scratch is pretty painful! !

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Glad there is no damage to you and only minor scratches to the scoot. Too much $ wrapped up I a bike for me to chance it when I lived in snow country.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I totally understand -- but dayum!! LOL (with you, not at you. 'Cause I can see me in your shoes, hahaha)

Glad it wasn't worse.

--

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is a man with a mission. There is no way in hell would I shovel out the driveway to take a ride. That's why I live in Florida.

·
Former Lurker
2,907 Posts
glad you are ok.
When I lived in snow country, the salt and other chems on the road was almost as bad as the ice...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Dam man that's hard core. I'll ride down into the 20 degree mark but not on snow or ice. Glad you're ok and only minor damage to the scooter.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Hahahahaha! I TOTALLY understand. The only time Jane has touched the ground, it wasn't the ground, it was a snow drift that the plow left behind. I knew if I could get through it there was dry road on the other side.

YOU on the other hand when riding when the streets were straight up SNOW PACKED!

I don't know whether to high five you or call you stupid. Hahahaha.

Glad you're ok.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,650 Posts
We understand cabin fever being Michigan . glad to hear your all right and the bike didn't take it really bad . Hang in there Spring is coming

:thumbsup

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everybody. Yeah. It was stupid.. next time I will put some skis on the bottom of my bags to make some outriggers...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts