Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
well first thing is to let us know what year and sub model you are dealing with. second, you need to invest in a manual, it's the best investment towards your bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,528 Posts
A genuine HD Service Manual is your best friend!

That being said, look for where it goes into the transmission. I am not sure how they connect on a sporty, but unplugging is common on big twins.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
+1 on the manual. I don't know where the switch is on a sporty, but if you pull both wires off at the switch, and jump em, with the ignition on if it works, its a switch. If not, its probably a bulb as stated earlier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2013 Iron 883 Factory Service Manual

The HD Website is a bit frustrating in that there is no where that I can find that I can order and Factory Service Manual for a 2013 883 Sporty. I am brand new to HD and am pretty sure there are no differences in between the 2012 and 2013 but am always paranoid one small thing may have changed and I want to get the right sh!t!!!

I tried buying one from the dealer in Daytona Beach, FL but they were out.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
The HD Website is a bit frustrating in that there is no where that I can find that I can order and Factory Service Manual for a 2013 883 Sporty. I am brand new to HD and am pretty sure there are no differences in between the 2012 and 2013 but am always paranoid one small thing may have changed and I want to get the right sh!t!!!

I tried buying one from the dealer in Daytona Beach, FL but they were out.
As far as ordering online, you dont, it just directs you to a store that offer online orderes, just order one from your dealer and get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts